Talk

Advanced search

Wearing pearl earrings every day

(11 Posts)
MotherForkinShirtBalls Fri 17-Apr-20 22:12:09

Oh, very jealous of Mikimoto pearls.

I'm not organised enough to put them on and off every day. I guess they'll be back to special wear.

OP’s posts: |
FireandFury Fri 17-Apr-20 22:07:42

Have various sets of Mikimoto pearls (currently wearing black pearls) and I always take them out when showering, swimming and sleeping because they will damage them.

AFireInJuly Fri 17-Apr-20 22:04:39

Shampoo will almost certainly damage them. I have a string of pearls and there manufacturers say if you let any perfume or detergent touch them it will invalidate the guarantee.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Fri 17-Apr-20 22:01:27

Until I lost one, I'd say I had the last pair in about 3 months! I don't mind sleeping in the pearls (admittedly it sounds quite fancy) I'm worried about showers and shampoo ruining them.

moveandmove Fri 17-Apr-20 20:10:04

Do you keep earrings in to shower and sleep? I take mine out when I get home from work.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Fri 17-Apr-20 20:00:24

That's what was in the back of my mind, bobbin. They are lovely earrings, I'm torn between wanting to wear them and keep them safe!

BobbinThreadbare123 Fri 17-Apr-20 19:39:33

Ahh posted too soon. The concern is the other stuff that touches them eg shampoo, hair products and so on

MonaCorona Fri 17-Apr-20 19:38:29

I do this. They have survived a long time.

BobbinThreadbare123 Fri 17-Apr-20 19:37:54

Pearls are porous, so they may not survive as long as you want them to if you wet them a lot.

flouncymcflouncerson Fri 17-Apr-20 19:36:12

I’ve been wearing mine every day the past week. Didn’t occur to me not to. They’ve been fine but maybe I should be taking them out. I’m not used to earrings as I work in a hospital so only really have them in if I remember at the weekend!

MotherForkinShirtBalls Fri 17-Apr-20 19:27:40

Is it doable? I usually wear a pair of very simple silver studs but I recently lost one. I'm terrible at not changing my jewellery despite having a few nice bits so I dug out a lovely pair of really simple pearl earrings that haven't seen the light of day on years. But then I remembered they might not be very practical. Can I wear them in the shower/ washing my hair? Part of the reason I wore the studs was because they were bomb proof...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in