Talk

Advanced search

Nose piercing - granuloma

(4 Posts)
mushforbrain Sat 11-Apr-20 23:38:27

Evening all. Had my nose pierced 8 weeks ago (needle) and have a small lump appearing right next to it, from googling it appears to be a granuloma.
Piercing shop is obviously shut so need some advice - I’ve been using sea salt and also tea tree and almond oil on it twice daily (admittedly did not do this from the beginning) will this go away of it’s own accord or do I need to remove the piercing? Am heartbroken at the thought but this little lump is starting to look horrible (although I do think prob only noticeable to others if they had a really good look)
To be fair it got a few good knocks from the kids and getting caught on clothing so I understand it’s suffered some trauma!

OP’s posts: |
OhNoNoNoNotThatOne Sat 11-Apr-20 23:40:32

Try bio oil, I used it on my ear when my conch developed a lump, at the advice of the piercer where I get all of mine done.
Took about 4 to 8 weeks, but it worked.

Geepipe Sat 11-Apr-20 23:45:39

Stop using teatree oil as thats too harsh. Just used cool boiled water with a pinch of salt now once a day or cool boiled water plain. If you have asprin crush it up add some water and mix into a paste and apply that. If all else fails phone your gp and ask for a prescription for fucidin.

browzingss Sun 12-Apr-20 00:11:51

Just sea salt rinse only

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in