Talk

Advanced search

Are there any good stick on nails out there?!

(14 Posts)
Susay Fri 10-Apr-20 23:28:59

I’ve had sns on my nails for about a year, and acrylic for about 7 years before that! My own nails are going to be in a horrendous state when I have to take my sns off. But I’ll feel bare without nice nails! Any recommendations for stick on false ones? Or suggestions as to what to do - I really really don’t want to just have my horrible nails on show.

Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
caradelvigna Fri 10-Apr-20 23:41:56

Gel?

Shmithecat2 Fri 10-Apr-20 23:59:10

Primark are supposed to be fabulous.

AlexaCrowe Sat 11-Apr-20 01:01:42

Came on to say Primark. They’re the best nails. Nailene are second best. The glue isn’t great, nail magic or nailene brush on glue are the best ones.

You can get all of those from eBay and the nailene stuff from most supermarkets while Primark and Superdrug etc are closed.

Susay Sat 11-Apr-20 10:22:08

Thank you all smile

Susay Sat 11-Apr-20 12:07:36

The primark ones seem to only be available in nail art type designs. I read about a company called Static who got good reviews so I’ve ordered some but they’re coming from USA

Watertorture Sat 11-Apr-20 12:09:57

To be fair this is a good time to grow out your own nails if very few people are seeing them! I used the ones you buy in boots for years (Nailene I think) and was happy with them. Have now grown my own. I think they would be good at trapping germs though if you aren't scrupulous about using a nail brush.

Susay Sat 11-Apr-20 12:21:58

You’re completely right Water, I should give my own nails breathing space. Maybe I will but I do feel naked without them! First world problems ...

Watertorture Sat 11-Apr-20 12:24:10

It's hard isn't it! But after a couple of weeks the growth is pleasing to see - and you've the perfect excuse to wear gloves when you are out just now too smile
I'm amazed I haven't gone back to biting like given the current stress (suppose that's why I'm gaining weight instead!)

AlexaCrowe Sat 11-Apr-20 14:18:09

Primark do plain and french manicure designs as well for £1 a set in store. People sell them for higher prices on eBay and tend to sell a lot of the designs because they’re limited edition and people will pay more.

Gallade Sat 11-Apr-20 15:52:27

I've currently got naked nails after a lifetime of acrylics. They're so thin and peeling and make me feel sick. An learning how to type again was strange! However, I had them took off literally the day before lockdown (I didn't want to be stuck taking them off myself) and they already look much better. I'm having a break and thinking of the money I'll save!

Gallade Sat 11-Apr-20 15:54:18

I’ve been obsessively massaging in cuticle and nail oil every night.

Gallade Sat 11-Apr-20 15:55:44

trying to add image

ActuallyItsEugene Sat 11-Apr-20 17:36:01

I bought some Nailene ones which I've got on now and they're actually really nice.

No where as good as my nail lady sad but they'll do for now.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in