Talk

Advanced search

Decent 'oversized' style ladies shirts? Slouchy style.

(19 Posts)
IndecentFeminist Fri 10-Apr-20 22:19:42

I'd really like a decent quality, slouchy/oversized style shirt, proper shirt style with a collar etc. One that I can dress up a little for work but will look good with jeans, denim shorts etc in the summer. I'd like a white one, and maybe a chambray type.

Has anyone seen anything recently? I've had a couple from joules but they don't sit long enough for the slouchy look.

OP’s posts: |
TerrorWig Fri 10-Apr-20 22:39:35

Following with interest! I love the way a slouchy shirt looks but like you I can never find one long enough.

RubyViolet Fri 10-Apr-20 22:52:02

Linen or good cotton plus size too !

ClaraTA Fri 10-Apr-20 23:03:23

Try Monki and Cos. I live in oversize shirts 🙂

raydeeo Fri 10-Apr-20 23:54:43

Toast. Very sturdy materials and good quality. But very expensive unless in the sale.

learieonthewildmoor Sat 11-Apr-20 05:49:36

I buy men's shirts and roll up the sleeves.
www.jamesharper.com.au/collections/long-sleeve
These are really nice - beautiful material, buttons and detailing

Floisme Sat 11-Apr-20 07:54:04

I've got a Toast one in very heavy cotton. It needed 'breaking in' and it's still a bit stiff even after a zillion washes, but softening all the time and it'll probably last the rest of my life.
It's from a few seasons ago but they'll probably have something similar. Half price sale on at the moment.

midnightstar66 Sat 11-Apr-20 08:01:45

I have nice linen ones from gap and they always have a sale on. From a few years ago but imagine they are a permanent feature

StCharlotte Sat 11-Apr-20 08:17:42

Mango has loads. Also in their plus size range which is called Violetta by Mango.

StCharlotte Sat 11-Apr-20 08:18:25

(They call them "flowy" shirts.)

typicallyatypical Sat 11-Apr-20 09:00:16

I addition to Cos and Toast, Arket do fantastic quality shirts. These are their cotton options but they do linen and other fabrics.
I doubt they have them now as their sale has been on for ages, but they do go in the sale too so you can pick them up for half price, although the plain colours go quickly

typicallyatypical Sat 11-Apr-20 09:01:31

Oh, if you want even longer than the oversized one pictured, they often have one in their dress section, exactly the same but more of a tunic length.

IndecentFeminist Sat 11-Apr-20 11:20:52

Great ideas, thanks all.

OP’s posts: |
happytobemrsg Sat 11-Apr-20 11:31:34

I have this & it’s perfectly oversized

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/product/white-oversized-shirt/23740

LouisaMayAlcott Sat 11-Apr-20 12:02:24

For a more inexpensive option, Next do a nice white cotton boyfriend shirt every summer, I replace mine every couple of years because I wash and wear them all summer.

depressedindoors Sat 11-Apr-20 14:42:11

I have this linen/cotton blouse from H&M and it's great. Only £20. I really rate H&M's linen items, I'm going to try out their linen joggers next.

BubblesBuddy Sat 11-Apr-20 14:43:47

Cos and Arket.

fiorentina Sat 11-Apr-20 21:59:42

I have some great oversized shirts from Cos, Uniqlo or H&M.

nitgel Sun 12-Apr-20 11:47:43

uniqlo shirts are great, the linen ones are nice this time of year

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in