Talk

Advanced search

IT cosmetics

(20 Posts)
EllieRay Thu 09-Apr-20 21:54:25

Has anyone used it cosmetics CC cream?

I like the idea of it having spf50 and being a quick answer in the summer to morning make up.

But I thought it was going to be cheaper than it is.

Any reviews on it?

OP’s posts: |
TerrorWig Thu 09-Apr-20 22:26:23

I bought the Bye Bye Redness stuff (which I like a lot) and got a sample of the CC cream. I didn't like that at all. It felt heavy on my skin, the colour wasn't great (the lightest one - not a great range IMO) and it transferred badly.

I've just replied actually on another thread about BB cream - I've just bought this BB cream by Erborian and it's lovely. It's not spf 50 though which is a shame. It is a gorgeous one and one product though, and feels really nice on.

goodthanks Thu 09-Apr-20 22:55:32

I liked it quite a lot but the tube was smaller than I thought it would be considering the price. I don't think it's much better than other similar products like the Erborian one or La Roche Posay Effaclar. Also (small thing) but towards the end of the tube the silver of the packaging kept going all over my hands then onto my face which made me look glittery and was annoying.

TerrorWig Thu 09-Apr-20 23:00:05

They sell it now in Boots if you can wait to go in and give it a try.

flameprincess Thu 09-Apr-20 23:05:31

I like the CC cream but I'm quite pale and in the colder months can get a tell tale orange twinge with it around my chin. I've recently switched to Becca 'skin love weightless blur foundation' which is very similar and in the same packaging - has a much better range of skin colours.

flameprincess Thu 09-Apr-20 23:08:45

Whoops I just re-read that it was the spf50 that attracted you to it. The Becca one doesn't have that. I wear an SPF separately under any face products in the summer anyways - the SPF in foundations is never adequate enough for me.

Cherrypie32 Thu 09-Apr-20 23:15:04

I bought the cc cream (because I wear a No7 bb cream I love) and didn’t like it at all. Too heavy for me, more like a proper foundation and quite greasy.

Girlintheframe Fri 10-Apr-20 05:56:42

I love it! I bought my CC cream off qvc so could try and send back if I didn't like. It's like a foundation but easier to apply and great coverage. I don't find it heavy but I'm used to medium coverage foundation.

EllieRay Fri 10-Apr-20 07:25:41

@flameprincess what spf do you wear?

BigRedBoat Fri 10-Apr-20 07:29:19

There is a maybelline dupe for it, I think it's called dream urban cover or something like that, I've not tried the IT cosmetics one but the maybelline one is really good.

KTD27 Fri 10-Apr-20 07:36:50

I love it. LOVE IT. But can’t afford to replace my tube which has finished. God damn viral unemployment.

ZaraW Fri 10-Apr-20 07:42:21

I love it. It lasts all day and gives good coverage. I agree it is more like a foundation.

UpToonGirl Fri 10-Apr-20 07:50:18

I like it but I don't love it. The only thing I would say about it being spf 50 is that I probably don't use enough to actually give me that protection so I separate spf anyway but I don't like to use a lot of foundation. I like to think of it as extra protection rather than protection on it's own iyswim?

emma6776 Fri 10-Apr-20 08:30:24

I expected to hate it after reading many bad reviews so got the smaller size from Boots. It’s amazing!!! You only need a tiny bit, far less than foundation to get the most glowy skin. However I do use a separate spf & wouldn’t really on a CC for sun protection. I wish they did the full shade range in the tester size though as I sit between the first 2 shades.

Wetcarparkrain Fri 10-Apr-20 08:33:57

I bought two of the maybelline ones, lighter and darker (didn’t think their shades were great) and blend them and wear every day. Over hada labo or biore spf50.

TeaMilkNoSugarThanks Fri 10-Apr-20 08:38:33

I like the idea of it but find the palest shade still a bit too yellow-based for me. They've introduced some new 'in between' shades but I'm waiting for a qvc tsv to test them out. Not convinced you'd apply enough to get proper SPF50 coverage so I'd stick to a sunblock - and a much lighter CC cream on top.

Skittlesss Fri 10-Apr-20 08:41:03

It’s the only thing I use, I normally add some moisturiser to it to make it thinner smile their other products are fab too.

flameprincess Fri 10-Apr-20 09:30:19

@EllieRay I used to be on a skincare addicts thread on here years ago (don't know if it's still running) and the hot product at the time was Frezyderm off Amazon. Best thing I've ever found for under make-up - just feels like a lovely primer
www.amazon.co.uk/FREZYDERM-SPF-Velvet-Face-Sunscreen/dp/B007TSU0E2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=frezyderm&sprefix=frezyderm&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1586507256&sr=8-3

KTD27 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:52:04

Oh god yes to frezyderm! It’s bloody amazing. Like the smashbox photofiish primer.

EllieRay Fri 10-Apr-20 10:55:05

@flameprincess perfect thanks will give it a go!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in