Talk

Advanced search

What would you do about my hair?

(8 Posts)
crayon Wed 12-Sep-07 18:58:34

I am mid 40s and have shoulder length light brown hair. It is going a bit grey on top and at the sides.

I had low lights a few years ago, but they went too brassy in the sun.

I now use a semi-permanent, but that too sends it a horrible orangey/brassy colour if I am out in the sun for a few days, which means I have to reapply every 2-3 weeks (not leaving it on for the full length of time, or it goes too dark).

My skin tone is neither warm nor cool (accoring to a colour analyst a few years ago) and dark hair drains me.

Arrggh - what do I do? Does anyone know of a light brown dye that won't go orange in the sun?

Quootiepie Wed 12-Sep-07 18:59:58

maybe go to a proper colourist? Then just use at home either what she suggests or uses on you?

FrannylinePankhurst Wed 12-Sep-07 19:00:51

Agree, have it done professionally.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 12-Sep-07 19:01:12

yes, best to get professional advice - I wouldn't just keep sticking stuff on top

littlelapin Wed 12-Sep-07 19:01:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sheherazadethegoat Wed 12-Sep-07 19:04:51

what advice did you get ll?

i am currently in thsi dilemma

littlelapin Wed 12-Sep-07 19:07:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sheherazadethegoat Wed 12-Sep-07 19:11:27

i was going to hairdresser who was v. cheap but did a great colour and then she went on maternity leave so now get great hair cut at place i can't afford to colour. so do i go back to colour woman and have crappy cut or have good cut and crappy colour? sigh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now