Advanced search

Cracked heel skin

(10 Posts)
Honeycake50 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:44:04

Anyone recommend a good cream that works for cracked heels? Seem to have developed a painful crack a which hurts when I walk, appreciate any recommendations.

OP’s posts: |
Fiftysix Mon 06-Apr-20 07:50:27

Flexitol heel balm is the best at night time when I'm off my feet. During the day time I use compeed medium plasters.

SpeckledyHen Mon 06-Apr-20 08:21:41


ErrolTheDragon Mon 06-Apr-20 08:24:39

Flexitol, or own-brand versions from eg Boots. The key is to use ones containing urea which is highly hydrating.

In the daytime use plasters to protect the crack - you don't want sock fibres in them.

chocolatviennois Mon 06-Apr-20 08:37:41

I use a peppermint foot cream from the Body Shop

ThisIsNotARealAvo Mon 06-Apr-20 09:21:06

First buff off as much of the skin as you can with a foot file. If you have very hard edges to the cracks and you can get these off, it will be less painful. Then cream as PP have said. I like CCS brand, it works very quickly.

WitsEnding Mon 06-Apr-20 09:23:40

Flexitol. Make sure you wash it off your hands afterwards.
Once healed I use Nivea (in the tub) to keep the skin flexible.

BringMeTea Mon 06-Apr-20 09:32:21


SummerOfComedy Mon 06-Apr-20 09:33:48

Get yourself a microplane foot file. Looks like a cheese grater but works great!
Use it on the hard skin before a bath/shower. Then afterwards, use flexitol.
You'll have beautiful feet in no time!

Lndnmummy Mon 06-Apr-20 09:40:19

Flexitol, then the moisturising cotton socks on top. It works wonders.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in