Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used dermatica?

(19 Posts)
thisenglishlife Sun 05-Apr-20 16:11:56

Has anyone used it? Is it a good service?

I normally have really good skin, but have developed mild acne (during the lock down) that I can't seem to shift. I've signed up one month (for now) and hope it helps.

There is a code for the first month free (you have to pay £2.90 for postage):
CAROLINE-HELP

Not affiliated or connected (I'm a science teacher).

OP’s posts: |
RogueV Sun 05-Apr-20 16:12:24

Yes it’s brilliant

thisenglishlife Sun 05-Apr-20 16:28:56

Three months free for those with a NHS email address

Chesneyhawkes1 Mon 06-Apr-20 08:31:14

Yes I've used them before. No issues and the cream did what I wanted it to

mustyDuck Mon 06-Apr-20 08:50:28

Thanks for this, I've been looking at it for a while. The NHS discount is do generous of them, I've signed up today.

ThePawtriarchy Mon 06-Apr-20 08:52:15

That’s the Caroline Hirons code, isn’t it? Is it a free trial that they then make money out of?

mustyDuck Mon 06-Apr-20 08:55:23

The NHS offer is a free 3 month trial, just paying postage.

ThePawtriarchy Mon 06-Apr-20 08:58:15

That’s great, assuming it’s not one of those offers that automatically signs you up to a membership afterwards.

ToEllewithIt Mon 06-Apr-20 10:23:50

I've used them and found the service consistent and reliable. I was happy with the products too. I don't know the details of that particular offer, but do read the fine print as they typically offer a subscription service where you have to actively cancel. That said, it does pause after 6 months for you to complete a follow up consultation so you wouldn't pay any more than 6 months even if you forgot.

HappyKatieA Mon 06-Apr-20 10:49:15

I have a monthly prescription by Dermatica - I really love the product and the service.
They follow up after three months where you take further photos and they will alter the prescription if needed. Well worth the investment, I have had adult acne of varying degrees since my 20's, this is the first summer I've even thought about not wearing foundation!

withlotsoflove Mon 06-Apr-20 10:56:29

It’s absolutely brilliant!
I have a regular Tret prescription, and l then signed my 16 yr old son up for his acne!
It’s gone!
🙂

Crayfishforyou Mon 06-Apr-20 12:52:52

I use them for tretinoin
They are pretty good

thisenglishlife Mon 06-Apr-20 13:18:05

It does sign you up to a monthly subscription, but you can pause or cancel. I'll see how the first month goes. I've uploaded my photos and then I think they call you?

It's cheaper and quicker than visiting a dermatologist though, which is difficult in the UK.

timetest Mon 06-Apr-20 17:49:48

I’ve been using them for sometime now. It’s a really good service, much cheaper than a dermatologist and far better than ordering from the internet and getting possibly receiving something dodgy.

emma6776 Mon 06-Apr-20 21:46:39

It’s brilliant - I moved to Getting my tret from them 3 monthly as my bottle lasts ages (only use every other night).

RogueV Tue 07-Apr-20 15:08:20

I’m an nhs worker and have been with dermatica for around 6 months now. They’ve confirmed I’ll be getting 3 months free. Brilliant service from them!

withlotsoflove Tue 07-Apr-20 18:41:27

Make sure you’re not using it past it’s expiration date. @emma6776
Mine has niacinamide in too - ad that might be why... but it won’t last for 3 months. I never finish mine ( l have a tiny face grin) so l use the expired tubes on my hands!

emma6776 Tue 07-Apr-20 18:45:35

They’re required to put a use by date on but it’s still fine to use - might be very slightly less effective but still safe for up to 12 months from the expiry date stated.

withlotsoflove Tue 07-Apr-20 18:47:43

Did they tell u that?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in