Talk

Advanced search

Post partum hair regrowth/fringe question

(9 Posts)
GemmeFatale Tue 31-Mar-20 16:29:35

I’ve got awful post partum hair regrowth all around my hairline. I’m wondering if a fringe will help hide how terrible it looks (curly/sticky up so really obvious). Normally I’d ask my hairdresser but clearly that’s not happening any time soon so

Am I making a terrible mistake cutting a fringe in?

And

How do I do it?

I’ve had a fringe before and it looked fine so not worried about that

OP’s posts: |
MikeUniformMike Tue 31-Mar-20 19:15:02

You are asking how to cut a fringe and would you be making a big mistake in cutting it?

What are the chances of it going well?

GemmeFatale Tue 31-Mar-20 19:38:36

Well I was hoping for some diy pro tips. I obviously could just chop in the roughly the right place and hope for the best. I’ve trimmed my own before just never cut it in from scratch

MikeUniformMike Tue 31-Mar-20 20:05:48

Can you post before and after photos please? grin

Seriously, I wouldn't. I'd look at wearing a scarf or Alice band first.

MikeUniformMike Tue 31-Mar-20 20:16:15

google youtube cut a fringe into long hair

I would suggest that you only do a small fringe. You need an inverted v shape. Don't pull it down then cut across in a straight line. Instead hold the hair away from your face and chip into it.

I am not a hairdresser but I do cut my own hair and have done so for decades.

My advice is leave it alone.

Afterhours Tue 31-Mar-20 20:18:01

I followed a YouTube video to cut my own fringe. It involved sectioning it off and twisting it before cutting it and it worked fine. Don’t just cut dead straight across!

HoffiCoffi13 Tue 31-Mar-20 20:18:11

I did this after DD2, then grew it out again. Then had DC3 and my regrowth was a million times worse this time, but decided against the fringe as I knew I’d just want to grow it out again. He’s 15 months now and it doesn’t look quite so ridiculous! I’m trying to be patient.

GemmeFatale Tue 31-Mar-20 20:51:56

@MikeUniformMike honestly the before photo will be pretty bad and if I try it and get the worst case scenario I amuse a few strangers with how crap the after looks.

cattaxi Tue 31-Mar-20 23:02:33

I had a heavy, blunt fringe. Ds2 came along and my pp hair loss is so bad that I’m having to grow the fringe out. My temples have thinned so much I was starting to resemble a cockatiel!
If it’s growing back, you should be ok I’d say. And, let’s face it, no one will see you anyway if it’s a disaster!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in