Talk

Advanced search

What is a good long lasting foundation?

(43 Posts)
Tinks15 Sun 29-Mar-20 08:10:11

I know it’s probably been done to death (sorry) but what’s a good long lasting buildable foundation? I think I need to change my foundation as I’m not sure Estée Lauder dw agrees with me anymore.

I don’t have great skin anyway, large pores in areas, a few scars & blemishes so I need the foundation to have quite a good coverage.

OP’s posts: |
TDL2016 Sun 29-Mar-20 14:41:02

BeautyPie

emsyj37 Sun 29-Mar-20 15:16:23

Have you tried Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions BB Cream? I was a die hard DW user but I'm getting older now and it was starting to look a bit heavy? The Clinique BB Cream isn't really a cream, it's a very watery liquid with quite a high coverage and good staying power but much more natural finish than DW.
I've just ordered the Beauty Pie serum foundation to try. I didn't love the Great Skin one - found it a bit heavy and matt, more so than DW if I'm honest.

Anjelika Sun 29-Mar-20 17:40:53

Have you tried Estee Lauder's new foundation - Futurist Hydra Rescue? I was having the same problem as you with DW. This new one is really dewy and gives good all day coverage without being remotely mask like. I've only got a sample of it but will def buy a full size one. When I'm not wearing that one I mix my DW with Clinique Even Better Refresh. That might be another one to try. The colour I got is too light for me but the coverage isn't too bad. Problem is you can't walk into Boots or anywhere and pick up a sample!

emsyj37 Sun 29-Mar-20 17:53:12

Does the new EL one last as well as DW?? I keep coming back to DW because nothing lasts like it!

Ellapaella Sun 29-Mar-20 18:14:18

I've ordered the Fenty one and it's on the way so I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives!

BackseatCookers Sun 29-Mar-20 18:17:05

Decent primer and Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation.

Absolutely love the stuff, it won me over away from EL and Mac.

Plus I have super pale skin and it's one of the only ranges that has a diverse enough range of tones (40 I think) that one actually matches me perfectly.

Tinks15 Sun 29-Mar-20 18:42:36

That’s the problem now you can’t get any samples 😩 thanks though @Anjelika will look at those.

Will look at Fenty too.

@Ellapaella my problem too I can never find anything that lasts as long as DW I stick with it even though it’s not agreeing with me anymore, I need to find something else now though as my skin isn’t good at the moment.

Anjelika Sun 29-Mar-20 19:08:26

@emsyj37 it does last pretty well but, like with any foundation, I would want to try a sample first! Not sure if you can get one from their website as it's not possible to go into a store. They seem to have the same colours as DW although I have gone for Wheat in the new one and I normally have Ivory Beige in DW.

GemmeFatale Tue 31-Mar-20 19:36:52

I keep looking at the ordinary serum one but haven’t ordered yet

Tinks15 Tue 31-Mar-20 20:48:47

@Ellapaella where did you get a coloured match for Fenty? I don’t have anywhere near me that does it I don’t think.

@GemmeFatale I haven’t seen this one will look now.

Ellapaella Tue 31-Mar-20 22:19:16

I used this website https://findation.com

SummersMahoosiveClipOnFringe Tue 31-Mar-20 22:32:47

Don't laugh but the mousse one from Wilko Essence range is the best one I have had in years

NotAQueef Tue 31-Mar-20 22:47:11

Mac studio fix is the best (for me) foundation I have used in years

JumpingOnTheBed Tue 31-Mar-20 22:51:17

Smashbox....it's so good and a bottle lasts me for ages and I use it everyday (even through lockdown hehe)

showmethegin Tue 31-Mar-20 22:53:35

Fenty is the best foundation in the world, bar none!

converseandjeans Tue 31-Mar-20 23:46:40

Lancôme teint idole

Tinks15 Wed 01-Apr-20 07:42:10

Thanks I’ve just used the findation site to look what shade I would be matched too, how accurate is this? Makes me slightly nervous that if I was to order the shade but then doesn’t match me?
I don’t know what to do 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ellapaella Wed 01-Apr-20 09:40:19

@Tinks15 I've always found it to be spot on.

Ellapaella Wed 01-Apr-20 09:41:18

But it's a lot to spend if you're not sure. Yes think my Fenty foundation is coming today and I used findation to colour match so I'll come back and let you know what I think.

Ellapaella Wed 01-Apr-20 09:41:55

Sorry for typos, my autocorrect seems to change words as I'm sending the post!

Squeakycheese Wed 01-Apr-20 09:45:40

There's a brilliant long lasting no7 foundation. I can't remember the name unfortunately but when lockdown is over I'd recommend going into Boots and having a chat with one of the no 7 consultants. I used it for my wedding and loved it so mich that I kept on using it. I've moved on to one of their lighter foundations now though due to my wrinkles!

Squeakycheese Wed 01-Apr-20 09:46:28

'So much'

Tinks15 Wed 01-Apr-20 10:33:48

@Ellapaella yes please let me know your thoughts!

@Squeakyclean - forget about no7 thank you.

Tinks15 Wed 01-Apr-20 10:34:52

@Squeakycheese oops said the wrong person above.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in