Talk

Advanced search

Outfit of the Day Thread... Shopping our wardrobes (as if we have a choice!)

(1000 Posts)
happytobemrsg Fri 27-Mar-20 22:35:20

Another thread! Will tag as many as I can...

@Ellapaella
@Sooverthemill
@toastfiend
@Purplecatshopaholic
@Judystilldreamsofhorses
@dellacucina
@Shannith
@OublietteBravo
@Insertdeadcatsnamehere
@Ninkanink

Ellapaella Fri 27-Mar-20 22:36:23

Thanks Happy smile

happytobemrsg Fri 27-Mar-20 22:37:11

Here’s a link to the old thread
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3814185-outfit-of-the-day-shopping-our-wardrobes-continued

OublietteBravo Fri 27-Mar-20 22:43:26

Hello 👋

toastfiend Fri 27-Mar-20 22:44:56

Thank you @happytobemrsg! smile

(And following on from your previous post, definitely happy to help with a Lucy & Yak shopping mission. I don't know if it's noticeable, but I adore their stuff... 😂)

dellacucina Fri 27-Mar-20 22:55:05

Thanks smile

happytobemrsg Fri 27-Mar-20 23:01:44

Sequins tomorrow ladies if you have any! ✨✨✨

I love the look of their new limited edition dungarees @toastfiend but I’m not spending right now. This must be the longest I’ve gone not spending on clothes! Hoping I see the other side of this with my job in tact & lots more L&Y in my wardrobe!

Justonedayatatime11 Fri 27-Mar-20 23:21:54

Still lurking, too shy to post!

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Mar-20 07:16:16

@Justonedayatatime11 go on! We are a nice bunch! I'm in my pjs still tbh.

PickleBottomNo3sMum Sat 28-Mar-20 07:26:44

Hey everybody, I’ve just come back to reading these threads having lurked for a bit a while ago and tbh just needed cheering up today.

Ellapaella I also hope do you have it too. I have a dear friend pretty much in your situation and very much hope she has also had it 😘

I might even post some outfit pics myself, in the past I was worried about being recognised in real life - it really doesn’t matter now we’re stuck-in and in the grand scheme of things those worries now seem totally insignificant.

Although this would actually mean I’d need to make an effort with what I’m wearing!

Veronicat Sat 28-Mar-20 08:07:08

Well I'm furloughed so can join in the thread again.
Today I've got Jean's and a hoody on as I'm up waiting for my Asda delivery to appear.

Purplecatshopaholic Sat 28-Mar-20 08:25:06

Morning all, and thanks for the new thread @happytobemrsg. Pic to follow when up and organised! By some miracle I managed to get a food delivery today. Although plenty of what I ordered isn’t coming, apparently eggs, and food for the four-legged children is, so it’s all good!

Shannith Sat 28-Mar-20 08:35:57

@justineday and@picklebottom welcome and go for it.

I've also been a lurker for ages and have started posting pictures. It's fun and is something to brighten up the day!

They are a really lovely bunch of people.

@happytobemrsberg I seem to have lost a load of sequinned clothes in a house move but I did find a purple sequined bra circa 1998 that I wore with flares, a feather boa and a smile out clubbing.

Ah to be young again...

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Mar-20 08:48:10

I only have one top with actual sequins though have a few glittery things , usually I wear this jumper on a summer evening with white trousers. It is at least 6 years old and I thunk older. This is my effort to style it for today! And everything is old

Jumper: wrap London
Trousers: hush
Trainers: dune

Sooverthemill Sat 28-Mar-20 08:48:58

New people: welcome but please add a photo whenever you can! Crop your head out if you wish but it's lovely to see them

Insertdeadcatsnamehere Sat 28-Mar-20 09:06:54

Hi everyone. No sequins but I have got big earrings and bright red lipstick on. Topshop jeans and New Look top.

Ellapaella Sat 28-Mar-20 09:35:51

@Insertdeadcatsnamehere do you have a link for those jeans? I love them

happytobemrsg Sat 28-Mar-20 10:04:44

Then I’m expecting a very exciting photo from you today @Shannith!!

As promised, sequins! Not exactly seasonally appropriate 🐧 but there you go.

Jumper: H&M
Trousers: Lucy & Yak
Belt: Lucy & Yak

OublietteBravo Sat 28-Mar-20 10:06:10

Welcome to all the new people. I’d love to see your outfits whenever you’re ready to share them. It’s genuinely a lovely thread.

Not quite sequins, but the jumper has lots of sparkly bits on it (close up shoes this better). Might have to change if we decide to tackle the back garden later - I’m not really dressed for gardening.

Jumper: Warehouse
Jumpsuit: Phase Eight
Boots: Doc Martens

OublietteBravo Sat 28-Mar-20 10:07:11

Shows - not shoes grin. Autocorrect is obviously used to me talking about clothes.

dellacucina Sat 28-Mar-20 10:07:41

Cardigan from Kohl's (US department store). Asos leggings. Peacock tank top. The socks are really unstylish, but my daughter really wanted me to wear them for whatever reason. I would rather be wearing my moccasins.

dellacucina Sat 28-Mar-20 10:08:51

Ps apologies for no sequins, welcome to new joiners, and hope you are on the mend and immune to coronavirus now, @Ellapaella

Purplecatshopaholic Sat 28-Mar-20 10:30:50

Love that jumper @Happy. And those trousers @Oubliette. I have dug out some sequins - soo sparkly I might do the housework like this. Trousers I have worn before from Moschino with an oldie but a goodie top from Michael Kors.

Insertdeadcatsnamehere Sat 28-Mar-20 11:14:19

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/jeans-6877054/bleach-rip-repair-editor-straight-jeans-9648400 here's the link @Ellapaella , hope you feel better soon.

JaceLancs Sat 28-Mar-20 12:03:52

Jeans and wellies with a stripy jumper
I’m tackling my neglected rear garden

This thread is not accepting new messages.