loader

Talk

Advanced search

help me choose a new hair style

(9 Posts)
mustsleep Tue 11-Sep-07 10:47:46

would really like to do something diferent with my hair

it is long an in layers at the moment but most of he time i just wear it up

quite fancy like a choppy bob but my hair is quite long so don't know if it would work

does any one know of a website where you can select or look at diferent styes to get ideas

mustsleep Tue 11-Sep-07 11:21:15

please someone help me

mustsleep Tue 11-Sep-07 17:50:46

anyone

Quootiepie Tue 11-Sep-07 17:54:06

Ivillage might have one...

Gemy Tue 11-Sep-07 20:34:21

I usually google images of celebs who I like the hair style of, and then print of the pictures or save them.

Think about the clothes you will wear in winter too - if you're going to go for the silk tunics/jewel colours style then longer hair (and even more hair that has been curled slightly) looks really nice with this look. If you're more into the funky stuff, then a choppy bob would set this off. There's always the option to take it to your shoulders and then you can do either (but sometimes shoulder length hair can look a bit "no style")

mustsleep Wed 12-Sep-07 10:51:53

hi this is what i was thinking of i have no winter clothes as such yet as i put aout hree stone on while having dd and quitting smoking so i really need to go out and buy a load of new stuff grin

really liked rihanna's new bobbed hair but think it might just end up getting on my nerves but will give it a go as it will grow back anyway

mustsleep Wed 12-Sep-07 12:58:11

right dd is having a nap and was just watching the vma's on mtv and have decided to have it cut like rihannas in an inverted bob sort of a thingy with long bits at the front no just have to get the printer to work to get a piccie to take

do you think they will do a slightly longer version or do you think i should just bite the bullet and do it (i keep telling myself it will grow back and i only wear it in a pony anyway so it's not like i'd really be losing anything apart from the big pony tail moon face!!)

does anyone know any mags with a piccie of er in so i don't have to search through them all they get dead funny if you do that - don't like to just say how i want it incase they misunderstand blush

Gemy Wed 12-Sep-07 21:33:17

Hi mustsleep, I think they will do the graduated bob longer if you ask for that. Usually, the long bits are supposed to sit on - and highlight - your best feature I.E chin as opposed to jawline or maybe neck. Which of these bits do you feel you'd want highlighting more? You can also have some face framing layers with the longer bits at front, to skim your cheekbones or just add softness.

After having a little girl my best friend had quite a fat face and went for a short bob - she hated it and it just emphasized the face fatness shock so after having my DD (and also suffering with face fatness) I opted for a cut that highlighted my neck and collorbone area and was very happy with it.

Don't know of any websites but I quite like this at the moment (yes, google images again!)
www.tittertatter.com/fashion/november/24/152.asp

mustsleep Thu 13-Sep-07 10:04:03

thanks had it done last night didn't really need to take a picie as the hairdresser had hers cut how i wanted it but she hasn't left the bits t the front long enough alsthough all the way through she said she would

but i do like it and the next time i go for it doing will ask them to leave the front longer and go shorter at the back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now