Talk

Advanced search

OK I need to sort out my clothes - please help

(8 Posts)
RosaLuxembourg Tue 11-Sep-07 10:38:47

I have decided to be absolutely ruthless and chuck all the old, badly-fitting, non-flattering stuff away. We are v broke at the moment so I can't afford to buy anything new right now and my weight has been fluctuating like mad - have been everything from a 10 to a 16 over the past five years. Also I changed my hair colour from blonde to red a few years ago but it took some time for me to stop buying reds and pinks - bizarrely it was like I didn't notice that they now clash vilely with my hair!
So I have mountains of clothes and nothing to wear. I have just filled a binbag with the obviously wrong stuff, but am getting a bit confused over what to throw and what to keep. I am a size 14 at the moment but the diet is back on track and am hopeful of fitting into some of the smaller stuff soon so don't want to throw away.
Any tips for making it easier. I feel like my wardrobe is crammed but I live in one pair of jeans IYSWIM.

ELR Tue 11-Sep-07 10:44:48

i live in one pair of jeans too!! they are size smallish 14 got loadsa 12 but just that little bit too tight i binned all the bigger 14s as refuse to get fat again, all stuff that is out of fashion and not worn for ages i binned also any tops that were a bit big, i have kept a few pairs of casual trousers to wear around house when feeling fat!!
Be ruthless if you only wear a limited amount anyway you wont miss all the rest

ELR Tue 11-Sep-07 10:45:47

when i say binned i mean charity and recycled

Lizzylou Tue 11-Sep-07 10:47:12

Can you ebay any of the stuff that you definitely won't wear again? That way, you can raise some cash for your new look.
You'd be amazed at what will sell...my best sell was a Black long M&S cardie that I wore during pregnancy, it went for £20+.

RosaLuxembourg Tue 11-Sep-07 10:50:21

Good poin Lizzylou. I have some beautiful pink stuff - like a velvet Monsoon top and a lovely velvet shift dress - I will start by sorting bin it from Ebay it.

RosaLuxembourg Tue 11-Sep-07 10:50:33

Er, point, I meant.

Lizzylou Tue 11-Sep-07 10:54:06

Monsoon stuff sells REALLY well, you'll have loads of lovely dosh to spend on some new stuff now!

<<longs for day when has reached target weight and can justify trip to clothes shops!>>

Pannacotta Tue 11-Sep-07 13:35:09

Agree, Monsoon and maternity things sell v well on ebay. Good luck with the sorting. Clothes are generally a bit of a nightmare, have decided!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now