Talk

Advanced search

What are you home beauty product recommendations?

(3 Posts)
ChocolateEmergency Mon 23-Mar-20 13:32:03

The only treatment I regularly get done is to have my eyebrows tinted and waxed but I’m due to have a baby in 10 weeks and was planning to go all out and have manicure, pedicure, hair dyed and cut and eyelashes extensions done so I feel my best for the birth and the days afterwards when I won’t be bothered with make up.

Obviously none of this can happen now, so can you please give me your recommended products to use at home?

OP’s posts: |
ChocolateEmergency Mon 23-Mar-20 17:51:19

Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
Terralee Mon 23-Mar-20 19:44:32

Firstly only supermarkets will be open & hopefully M&S food halls (so you could order online to arrive there).

If you want to look groomed during & after the birth you need a waterproof eyebrow makeup such as by Stila (at M&S) do waterproof eyebrow pens which are expensive but really good. It wears off gradually & is really fast to reapply.
You will have to tweeze your brows if necessary but remember not to go too far.

Then you'll need a waterproof mascara such as an Eyeko beach mascara (from M&S online).
Remove & reapply when needed.

Try home hair colours (I will be!). I've only ever been to a salon so can't make any recommendations but my sister swears by Clairol colours I think you can get them in Tesco.

You could soak your feet & use a body scrub on them, cut your toenails, apply a decent varnish, I like Rimmel available at Tesco, then moisturise.
Same with hands. There's a selection of hand & foot creams at most supermarkets.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in