Talk

Advanced search

Can you advise in Majirel do I need 6 or 9% oxydant

(11 Posts)
Alwayscheerful Sat 21-Mar-20 11:52:39

I have a tube of Majirel professional dark brown colour NO 3. I think I need to buy the L’Oréal professional Oxydant?
Which % do I need for naturally dark brown hair to cover 2cm of grey please? I am confused should I buy 6 or 9 %
Or
might indola be a better product to help condition my hair?

OP’s posts: |
Alwayscheerful Sat 21-Mar-20 14:04:13

Any Hairdressers around?

Louisa111 Sat 21-Mar-20 14:12:04

If you are covering grey and adding colour I always use 6%.. ( 20vol) any higher would be if you need to lift the colour.. hope this helps xx

Alwayscheerful Sat 21-Mar-20 16:26:53

@Louisa111 thank you so much thanks

ZoeandChandon Sat 21-Mar-20 16:39:24

Yes 6%. Can I politely ask what nationality you are? 3.0 will come out a shade darker, it will be extremely dark. I use this colour on a friend who is Malaysian to match their original hair colour. Just worried if you think your hair is dark brown but really it’s a few shade lighter. Even dark blond 6.0 comes out a light brown colour.

Alwayscheerful Sat 21-Mar-20 19:02:57

@ZoeandChandon
I am English with green eyes and pale skin. I usually go to a salon but I think I will have to give it a go myself soon, I found it in a drawer when tidying up!
Should I buy another colour and mix it? I used to be extremely dark but now I am getting older my hair is probably a few shades lighter. I have used nice and easy mid brown and a chocolate colour before.

SummersMahoosiveClipOnFringe Sat 21-Mar-20 19:18:30

OP a level 5 will be dark brown. I have used a 3 before and it looks black.

Bioprepper Sat 21-Mar-20 19:51:31

Hi hairdresser here. A 3.0 is almost black yes it will be very dark. Dark brown would be a 5. It is confusing. You will certainly need a 6% for whichever colour you want to use. A 9% is for lighting a few shades lighter.

Alwayscheerful Sat 21-Mar-20 20:54:45

@Bioprepper @SummersMahoosiveClipOnFringe
Oh dear, can I mix it equally with another colour to use it up?

Bioprepper Sat 21-Mar-20 23:06:55

You could but you will still get a dark depth iyswim?

earsup Sun 22-Mar-20 01:00:25

If you mix it equally the darker shade will dominate..use a very small amount.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in