Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of getting my hair cut. Inspiration please.

(7 Posts)
mytwopenceworth Sun 09-Sep-07 21:43:56

Currently about 2 inches below my shoulders, and I always put it into a low ponytail then curl it under so it's a bun at the back of my neck with the end poking out, iyswim. It's all the same length, I have no fringe.

my hair is very thin (esp at front - I'm talking VISIBLE SCALP!!), very flyaway. Brown. I'm fat with a round face.

Any ideas on haircut or hair style....apart from this

empen Sun 09-Sep-07 22:40:37

MOst hairdressers will give you a consultation before they do anything. Personally, I would look to have something short as th hair would look thicker. Have you considered a fringe - maybe a side sweeping one. Have you looked at Posh Spices hair. It is a very popular cut. I have it and find it really easy to maintain. Plus hairdressers can adapt it to suit you - basic idea: tapered up the neck coming down into points at either side with an option on the fringe. Short blunt looks good but most popular (and if you have a round face) the long, side sweeping fringe. Let me know what you decide on.

Ulysees Sun 09-Sep-07 22:44:37

What sort of condition is your hair in? You could have a root perm or similar if your hair can take it. Have something with some layering.
Your hair needs to balance your body shape so you probably need something with bounce iykwim?
You could try going to a posh salon for a consultation before your cut then go elswhere for the actual cut with a picture perhaps?

Ulysees Sun 09-Sep-07 22:46:51

beauty.about.com/od/hairstylephotogalleries/ss/roundfa.htm
That ^ may suit you and you could achieve that with heated rollers, tongs, or even a small straightener bent round can get a similar look. This style is quite versatile and you can wear it simple for everyday.

mytwopenceworth Mon 10-Sep-07 06:28:22

ta folks. It's in quite good condition. I never do anything to it!

Am a bit scared of having boy-hair (short wink )

Am I slap-ably girlie? blush

Furball Mon 10-Sep-07 07:17:04

do you fancy a fringe?

another one wih a fringe

Short but deffo not boyish

similar to the last one

shorter still

This one looks like fine hair

mytwopenceworth Mon 10-Sep-07 13:25:53

I do like the first one and the third one. Ta.

Now. Am I brave enough??? ooer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now