Talk

Advanced search

Mismatched shoes - new trend

(23 Posts)
TheTiaraManager Sun 08-Mar-20 17:51:07

Has anyone done this or planning to? I've left the house before in mismatched boots but it was an accident from owning oxblood and black identical high heeled boots. I was mortified in realising my error and had to buy new shoes to wear that day!

So I won't be doing this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8042377/Best-Mismatched-shoes-springs-style.html

OP’s posts: |
northernlittledonkey Sun 08-Mar-20 17:54:14

Ha, this is like a bad day for me! I used to drive in one pair of shoes & change at work. Occasionally I could only find one shoe...

MikeUniformMike Sun 08-Mar-20 19:02:55

I've done it by accident.

A colleague about 20 yrs ago had a pair of two tone Camper shoes that were different. The tones of one one shoe was reversed in its partner.

TheTiaraManager Sun 08-Mar-20 20:13:53

It's crazy to me!

OP’s posts: |
timetest Sun 08-Mar-20 20:18:05

DH has done this by accident. He’s pushing 70. I must tell him he’s an accidental style influencer.

thisenglishlife Sun 08-Mar-20 20:18:40

What?!
£550 for shoes that don't match - what the Jeff?!

Sarcelle Sun 08-Mar-20 20:42:04

I saw somebody in two different Converses the other day. Thought they were a bit odd, turns out they were a fashionista! A trend I won't be troubling, like most of them come to think of it....

LellyMcKelly Mon 09-Mar-20 06:55:14

I am too old for this shit.

iamclaireandfleabag Mon 09-Mar-20 07:10:40

My son has started wearing odd trainers. Both black but with different coloured Nike swooshes. He's 6

pelirocco123 Mon 09-Mar-20 07:12:15

Went to work a few weeks with odd boots ...although both black they had different height heels ,it wad a while before i realised why I was walking oddly

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Mar-20 07:14:49

Dd does this. She’s 8.

Fairylea Mon 09-Mar-20 07:16:00

My ex used to do this with converse...! He had masses of pairs all the same style but different colours and used to wear one of each! shockgrin

Gatekeeper Mon 09-Mar-20 07:22:35

pah- I was doing this with my baseball boots back in 1988- one red and one blue ..thought I was the bees knees

YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 09-Mar-20 07:32:45

I have mis-matched matching shoes. These ones. Does that count?

I have the unicorn ones too!

Dilbertian Mon 09-Mar-20 07:36:51

We used to do this as older teens back in the 80s. Identical Converse hightops in different colours. It started as a show-off that you could afford to buy two pairs of expensive shoes, or similar. Or that you were indulged by your parents! It made a very clear divide between the in-crowd and the outsiders.

When I say 'we' I refer to my cohort. I was not one of the in-crowd.

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Mar-20 07:49:53

@Gatekeeper, me too! I had turquoise, red and pale blue, and used to try and squeeze my size 8 feet into my sister’s yellow size 6s (unsuccessfully!).

dennisdonut Mon 09-Mar-20 08:39:38

Yes to converse here too 😂 we were obviously before our time

SinkGirl Mon 09-Mar-20 12:46:57

DT1 came home from nursery last week in one shoe and one welly, because he refused to continue changing his shoes.

He’s cutting edge

CointreauVersial Mon 09-Mar-20 12:53:18

I was about to say "how ridiculous" but I have to say, most of the looks on OP's link are actually quite stylish. After all, there are plenty of asymmetric things we wear nowadays (one-shoulder tops, mismatched earrings, wrap dresses, dipped hems) so why not?

I have also done it myself, by accident, going to work wearing two similar, but non-identical black shoes, with different heel heights. Like pelirocco123 I only noticed when I realised I was walking strangely. grin

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 09-Mar-20 12:55:02

My bf has been wearing mismatched converse for years, he's not trendy, just weird!

FlockofGulls Mon 09-Mar-20 13:24:24

It's nothing new.

Camper have always done very pleasing not-quite mismatched shoes - it's their Twins range. I have several pairs ...

FlockofGulls Mon 09-Mar-20 13:26:54

Here you are:
www.camper.com/en_GB/women/shoes/twins_icon

I'm surprised people in S&B don't know about these. Camper have been doing them for ever. Gorgeous shoes.

JaceLancs Mon 09-Mar-20 14:15:05

DS used to wear mismatched Vans

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in