Talk

Advanced search

Growing out a fringe

(10 Posts)
Plump82 Sun 08-Mar-20 14:49:03

Apart from the odd couple of months over the years, ive had a fringe my whole life. I've decided to give growing it out another go but this time round im suffering with horrible oily skin so you can imagine what my fringe looks like at the end of the day. Especially because I'm also touching it to get it out my eyes!! It's driving me demented. I cant even pin it back as i have baby hairs under it that wont stay back!! Help!! Am i just going to have to admit defeat and get it cut back in?

OP’s posts: |
chartreuse Sun 08-Mar-20 14:56:52

Grit your teeth and stick it out! I used to plait mine and pin it back, or to the side, it looked quite nice, like I actually intended my hair to look like that. After a few weeks you should be able to cut it into a graduated side fringe and that is MUCH easier to grow out

Plump82 Sun 08-Mar-20 15:05:15

I'll defintely try pleating it once its a bit longer. It's just a wee bit short for that just now! I was really to take it the scissors to it this morning!!
Never thought of getting it cut into side fringe. Glad you suggested that!

myusernamewastakenbyme Sun 08-Mar-20 18:28:44

I feel your pain...ive been growing mine out since July last year....It is taking sooo long....but ive come this far so not giving up now.

Plump82 Sun 08-Mar-20 19:31:05

I've only started the last month!!! My hair grows slowly as well which doesn't help.

Showerpuff Sun 08-Mar-20 20:04:43

I’ve grown my out for the first time in my whole life and I’m 40! It’s taken me about 6 months to get it to my chin.

It will drive you mad for a while, there’s not much you can do about it. Try and blow dry it up at the roots to give it some lift, it shouldn’t then touch your forehead so much. Also powder your forehead well.

Justhavinganosy Sun 08-Mar-20 20:06:56

Spray some dry shampoo onto a small round brush and then brush through your fringe and it will help massively with the oilyness smile

ParkheadParadise Sun 08-Mar-20 20:07:48

Good luck
Don't know how many times I've tried. It gets to the really annoying bit and I give up.

Plump82 Mon 09-Mar-20 04:54:48

Justhavinganosy - I normally hate the feeling of dry shampoo but think ill get a can I can carry around with me.
I'm going to try and get some clasps that dont make me look like a 5 year old to try and pin it back.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueasy Mon 09-Mar-20 05:49:37

Bandanas, scarves and headbands, bobby pins

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in