Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

laser hair removal - anyone tried VPL?

(12 Posts)
slim22 Thu 06-Sep-07 14:53:49

Just had my first session (of 6) on bikini line and underarms.
When does hair fall out?
How long until regrowth?
How much gone in one session?
etc.... all info welcome.

missbumpy Thu 06-Sep-07 15:24:50

I had it done ages ago on bikini line and legs. Can't remember how long it took for hair to fall out. Not long. A week or two maybe? Regrowth took ages. Don't expect miracles from first session. It takes a few sessions before you start to see results. I only needed 5 sessions before all the hair had gone. It varies from person to person though. I'm pale with dark hair which I think it works best on.
Be warned though, I'm currently preggers and I seem to be getting a bit of regrowth. I guess it must just be my crazy pregnant hormones.

slim22 Thu 06-Sep-07 15:53:14

thx
more?????

12lbnaturally Thu 06-Sep-07 16:04:26

My best friend does this lazer treatment for a living. It can take anything up to 12 sessions for it to be completely successful. You have to be treated at each hair cycle every 4-6 weeks or so so it doesnt go straight away. Once those hairs in that stage of the cycle have been zapped they shouldnt regrow. It just has to be done repeatedly until all hairs have been zapped.

slim22 Fri 07-Sep-07 02:36:54

thx.
Would you be kind enough to ask your friend smthg else???
Can you carry on if become pregnant??
I can't get a straight answer.....

missbumpy Fri 07-Sep-07 09:23:41

It says in one of my pregnancy books that there's no real research on laser therapy during pregnancy but it's not recommended. I wouldn't risk it personally. Also, your skin's more sensitive during pregnancy and the cycle of hair growth is affected by the pg hormones...might end up with a nasty rash, or just wasting loads of money on laser therapy that doesn't work.

slim22 Fri 07-Sep-07 09:56:41

we have the same info, thx

Egypt Sat 08-Sep-07 06:39:02

oo slim, hadn't thought about pregnancy being a factor.

by the way, it's been 9 days since mine and no hair loss yet! i fear it won't work on me. but then i'm a pessimist!

slim22 Sat 08-Sep-07 06:49:27

Forgot to tell you. went to silvia's on thursday!!!
She said 1 to 2 weeks for hair to fall.

test is still negative BTW

I think there is no danger but better safe than sorry and also pregnanncy can activate hairgrowth so better wait and use up session afterwards...........same time as the botox and nip tuck wink

Egypt Sat 08-Sep-07 07:03:26

and abdominal wrap..... wink

didn't like to ask you about test - in case you didn't want to say! but sorry it's neg. still plenty of time ...

birthdaycake Sat 08-Sep-07 07:44:01

Can you tell me a bit more about VPL and the other types of laser hair removal. I'd love to get rid of it once and for all. How much does it cost?

slim22 Sun 09-Sep-07 03:14:59

I think VPL is the new generation of IPL.
The difference is simply that V stands for variable that means the intensity of the pulsed light can be regulated to suit different skin sensitivities.

I don't know about other methods.
I'm not in the UK so can't help with price...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now