Advanced search


(7 Posts)
Ididit2019 Fri 28-Feb-20 21:52:51

Thinking of investing in some shape wear to wear under some fitted dresses. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also do they cause indigestion/bloating? And do they work or do they simply push the tummy fat upwards above the band?!

OP’s posts: |
Ontheverge96 Fri 28-Feb-20 21:58:18

I’ve tried pretty much every Bridget Jones knickers you can find on the high street and surprisingly primark cane out on top! I’m my opinion anyway. They basically just suck you in yeah, I have a csection overhang so have to slightly lift my pouch but these bad boys smooth it all out!

Ididit2019 Fri 28-Feb-20 22:28:30

Oh really! Thanks I'll check them out this weekend.

OP’s posts: |
ComeOnGordon Fri 28-Feb-20 22:34:45

I bought some from next. Like cycling shorts that then came right up to under my bra and had shoulder straps to hold it in place. Looked good but by the end of the night I was desp to get it off. My belly practically plopped out of it 😂

WellTidy Sat 29-Feb-20 09:50:10

Spanx higher power bodysuit works for me. Starts underneath your bra line and has cycling shorts tight bottoms. It sucks you in and smooths you out.

StarlightLady Sat 29-Feb-20 10:42:46

If it is just for fitted dresses you could do a lot worse than try a traditional basque (try Fantasie or Pour Moi) tummy support and more, they mould to you after a few wears and stop in place, and are fine on a gentle machine wash. And no struggling with scaffolding enhanced knickers when you go for a wee.

Ididit2019 Sat 29-Feb-20 20:46:13

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will look at them all.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in