Talk

Advanced search

Smart children's clothes - where is good?

(25 Posts)
RosaLuxembourg Wed 05-Sep-07 21:03:33

Thinking ahead a bit here, but we have been invited to a smart London wedding in January - and we live in Hicksville. Would like the DD's to look really smashing for the occasion - apart from the obvious Monsoon and Laura Ashley is there anywhere else I could think about trying.
They are 10, 7 and 5 btw. Oldest and youngest are dark, slim and gorgeous, middly is blonde, strapping (in manner of Valkyrie rather than euphemism for fat) and gorgeous.
Any suggestions as to what fashionable children are wearing at weddings these days would be most welcome.

Bink Wed 05-Sep-07 21:08:23

Rachel Riley - have a look anyway ...

RosaLuxembourg Thu 06-Sep-07 10:43:30

Whoa - those prices! I think I am after something a little less Sloaney, but thanks for the link.

MrsBadger Thu 06-Sep-07 11:59:32

anywhere French - Petit Bateau, Bonpoint, du pareil au meme, la redoute, vertbaudet.
i think sloaney is probably de rigeur for a posh london wedding...
Zara also worth a look, esp for 'best' winter coats, but are cut long and slender so poss not for middley.
H&M.
ebay

RosaLuxembourg Thu 06-Sep-07 12:01:58

Thanks MB. Will check those out. You are prob right about the Sloaney touch being required but Goth-leaning DD1 will need some convincing!

MoreTeaVicar Thu 06-Sep-07 12:07:10

Fenwicks have a great range of childrens clothing, from affordable to more expensive

MrsBadger Thu 06-Sep-07 12:13:41

perhaps trouser suit for dd1
or hippy-type dress thus or thus

some less conventional bits at tulip and nettle

RosaLuxembourg Thu 06-Sep-07 13:12:19

Like the two Next dresses MrsB, DD1 would look lovely in either.
I wish we had a Zara near us, but I looked at their list of stores and there is nowhere within reach. I love their stuff - for me too!
Will check out Fenwicks too, MTV

sugarmatches Thu 06-Sep-07 16:18:21

Jigsaw junior is fabulous!!

RosaLuxembourg Thu 06-Sep-07 17:15:22

Again, none within three hours drive of where I live - blimey we are out of the sticks and no mistake.

CountessDracula Thu 06-Sep-07 17:17:09

I disagree re sloaney being de rigeur

MrsBadger Thu 06-Sep-07 17:20:05

depends on exact type of smart londonyness of wedding
it may be sloaney, but might be meeja-chic, fashionista bling, arty-boho, hampstead-lentil etc

small girls in velvet party dresses are usually welcome everywhere though...

LIZS Thu 06-Sep-07 17:20:44

Debenhams ?

bossykate Thu 06-Sep-07 17:22:34

try Kent & Carey (available through Urchin

bossykate Thu 06-Sep-07 17:23:47

try Kent & Carey (available through Urchin

oops better link.

sugarmatches Thu 06-Sep-07 18:38:49

Try www.childrenssalon.co.uk
If you have a few minutes to browse, they have some nice things. there are still a few sale items as well.

Now some of the clothes are expensive, so be warned.
I love this dress

It even checks the box for the borderline goth I think

DarthVader Thu 06-Sep-07 18:40:37

I would say that Mrs B is spot on with the french labels - and Catimini and Jean Bourget are nice too - from designer childrenswear boutiques. Danish brands all the rage around here if you want something a bit different - Noa Noa girls stuff would be great for a wedding

DarthVader Thu 06-Sep-07 18:42:12

Jottum if you want to splurge bigtime

morningglory Thu 06-Sep-07 18:42:50

I agree with the French Labels, but also Ralph Lauren do adorable things (a bit on the pricey side, though). Neck and Neck, a spanish label, do lovely girls things, and much more affordable than Ralph Lauren.

JackieNo Thu 06-Sep-07 18:43:20

Also Just Dresses - does what it says on the tingrin.

sugarmatches Thu 06-Sep-07 20:03:21

Acyually Noa Noa is perfect for a wedding and not too expensive.

sugarmatches Thu 06-Sep-07 20:03:38

actually blush

RosaLuxembourg Thu 06-Sep-07 21:32:13

Oh thank you everyone. That Childrenssalon site is fantastic Sugarmatches and so is the Just Dresses site Jackie.
Looks like I should leave it for a bit though because there still seems to be a lot of summer stock about and I expect if I leave it till October or so there will be more winter stuff in.

alexandre Fri 07-Sep-07 13:55:18

If you want something French, stylish and good value for money, try the Orchestra label. I don't know anyone who stocks it in the UK apart from Just Dresses; they tell me it's due in any day now. But you might be able to google it.

MummyDarlingSausage Fri 07-Sep-07 20:06:59

noa noa (www.noanoa.dk)is good for girly clothes and I just bought a couple of wintery outfits by cecilie westh (www.phisterphilina.dk) for my dd - they are gorgous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now