Talk

Advanced search

Dr martens

(8 Posts)
chalkyc2 Tue 25-Feb-20 21:13:17

I just bought my first pair of dr martens boots in 25 years. They seem to have quadrupled in price since my student days and after first days wear my feet are complaining. Please reassure this will not last?!? What can I do to ease the process. Do not remember this from last pair!!

OP’s posts: |
DartmoorChef Tue 25-Feb-20 21:16:07

Give it a week and they should be fine. I'm quite disappointed with mine as the soles have worn flat within 6 months.

Lucked Tue 25-Feb-20 21:19:30

They need breaking in. Don’t over do it - wear for short trips and around the house. If you do too much you will wreck your feet and have to stop. I am currently breaking in timberlands so I feel your pain.

ShesGotBetteDavisEyes Tue 25-Feb-20 21:20:59

Ooh, my poor sis saved for ages to buy a pair and can’t wear them they hurt her so much. Shoes shouldn’t be such hard work imo!

zippyswife Tue 25-Feb-20 21:21:48

I wore 2 pairs of socks for a week or so and they were fine after that. I’ve worn them almost solidly for 18 months- nights out, beach, park, work... everywhere. They look and feel amazing.

KellyHall Tue 25-Feb-20 21:24:48

I've always found them terribly uncomfortable to start with but once broken in, they're still my favourites.

Gemma2019 Tue 25-Feb-20 22:24:42

I hate breaking them in. The wonder balsam that comes with their kit is really good for softening the leather. I normally put the balsam on the boots, wear two or three pairs of cotton socks and walk around the house for short periods.

chalkyc2 Wed 26-Feb-20 08:28:39

2 pairs of socks today - much better! Thanks all!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in