Talk

Advanced search

What do you think is the best fake tan you can buy ?

(29 Posts)
Lardlizard Sun 23-Feb-20 23:05:51

Been using at tropez but surely there’s something new n better out there now

OP’s posts: |
crosspelican Sun 23-Feb-20 23:10:15

I like Tan-luxe. Space NK do it - I got my bottle on a deal on EasyJet though!

Lardlizard Sun 23-Feb-20 23:10:49

Do you have to leave that on overnight ?

BeautyAndTheBrat Mon 24-Feb-20 08:52:45

Coco brown & St Moritz are my favourites

Sherloidbaisherloid Mon 24-Feb-20 10:00:54

Have you tried the st tropez express tan? It’s amazing, you only leave it on between 1-3 hours depending how dark you want then rinse it off so no going to bed all sticky and smelly

Lardlizard Sat 29-Feb-20 08:47:58

I might try the expressive first as I do like the colour, 3 hours sounds much more preferable

DieCryHate Sat 29-Feb-20 14:48:49

I really like bondi sands, find it better than st tropez as im cack handed and the bondi leaves more of a colour as you do it so you don't miss bits. This just rinses off. It can also be relatively subtle if you don't top it up after half an hour so you can wear it in winter without looking too obvious. Doesn't go patchy on me just fades after about 3 days, may last longer if you put more on.

endofacentury Sat 29-Feb-20 14:52:26

I really like skinny tan. Goes on really well and a nice colour

VanillaSpiceCandle Sat 29-Feb-20 14:58:24

I only used St Tropez but bought Skinny Tan (cream and oil) and it’s just as good and quite a lot cheaper. There are often sales or combo deals advertised on Facebook or the website.

scintilla87 Sat 29-Feb-20 15:14:39

Another vote for St Tropez express! It dries streak free in 10 mins so I often just put it on under my clothes and my tan is done. Lasts for up to one week if you avoid any oil based products.

Ellapaella Sat 29-Feb-20 15:20:49

Bondi sands dry oil spray

RiojaHaze Sat 29-Feb-20 15:25:12

Definitely Bondi Sands, switched to it as a cheaper alternative to St Tropez and it's brilliant.

Bluntness100 Sat 29-Feb-20 15:26:48

Another vote for skinny tan mousse, I find it a step above the tropez express. I use the blue bottle, which I think is the dark, but it leaves me a light honey colour. Never streaks.

TitchyP Sat 29-Feb-20 15:35:58

Another vote for Skinny Tan, used loads and like this best. They do drops you can add to your usual face moisturiser.

KaliforniaDreamz Sat 29-Feb-20 16:01:12

I like Bondi sands for body and the island drops for face.

www.lookfantastic.com/bondi-sands-everyday-gradual-tanning-milk-375ml/11568688.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&shoppingpid=sitewide_code_050118&thg_ppc_campaign=71700000047040822&adtype=pla&product_id=11568688&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4JeY8JD35wIVQbTtCh3mww12EAQYAiABEgIl-PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

theisleofparadise.com/product/light-self-tanning-drops/

KaliforniaDreamz Sat 29-Feb-20 16:01:46

i think diff brands are suited to diff complexions.

ShirleyPhallus Sat 29-Feb-20 16:04:08

Skinny tan goes on green on me! It develops beautifully but I can’t go out with it on.

I use tan luxe from Space NK which is clear so you can put it on before going out, it smells beautiful too. Their face drops are amazing.

I’ve recently ordered isle of paradise clear one which looks good too.

Nothing beats st tropez for me though! Old faithful!

KaliforniaDreamz Sat 29-Feb-20 16:19:00

also re face drops i tried the clarins ones and they are rubbish

zippyswife Sat 29-Feb-20 18:20:18

Is there one which is best for fair skin? And do the facial drops aggravate sensitive skin? I’m 42 and have pretty much always avoided fake tan but I think I just need a bit of glow now.

KaliforniaDreamz Sat 29-Feb-20 23:55:36

facial drops are lovely get the light ones. no aggro on skin,

TitchyP Sat 29-Feb-20 23:57:44

I'm fair with sensitive skin and the Skinny Tan face drops work great on me. I only need a drop to give me a bit of glow!

Elieza Sat 29-Feb-20 23:59:50

I’m voting for tan luxe. I buy on qvc U.K. which is great because you can try for 30 days and all you lose if you return it is the postage, no matter if you’ve used it lots. I kept mine though and it’s great.

You just add drops with a dropper to your own moisturiser. And about four to five hours later it’s fully developed and gorgeous. I shower then and am good to go. It doesn’t stain or rub off and smells only a little.

Elieza Sun 01-Mar-20 00:01:07

Oh, and I’m fair skinned and it’s so natural I have to compare against bits of me I’ve not done to notice the difference, which there defo is, it’s just so subtle and natural I did t see it at first. For more add more drops. You’re in control.

Elllllle Sun 01-Mar-20 00:11:59

I switched to bondi sands from st tropez last summer, and found that after a few months of weekly use, I had terrible dry patches. So back st tropez, the 3 hr express is great but dont leave it on too long or you'll go orange

Miseryisabutterfly Sun 01-Mar-20 12:23:08

I like the st tropez express too and I use the st tropez facial mist all year round for a bit of a glow. I have extremely sensitive skin and it doesn’t cause any issues, so is a winner in my book.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in