Talk

Advanced search

Best skin care range for spot prone chin?

(3 Posts)
HelpIHaveNothingToWear Fri 21-Feb-20 08:19:08

Am in my mid thirties and have started getting spots on my chin/around my mouth. Went through a bad phase of squeezing but am very much trying to leave them alone now. When I do my skin doesn’t look too bad. What can I put on it to help calm the spots? I have one or two at a time, they are usually under the skin (no head). Rest of my skin is pretty good.

I hear good things about La Roche Posay and the Ordinary (though mixed reviews of the latter!), but what is actually the active ingredient I am looking for with my skin type? Zinc?

Normal routine is: shower, moisturiser, B.B. cream. Wash off with soap at night.

Thanks!!!!

OP’s posts: |
QueenofLouisiana Fri 21-Feb-20 08:35:51

I have acne rosacea which gives me spots in this area. I use African black soap, I prefer the paste personally. Avoid normal soap as it upsets the moisture barrier on your skin- although I use it instead of showers gel!

abstractprojection Fri 21-Feb-20 12:06:14

I have this. If you can afford it professional extractions are good to empty the pores blocked underneath the surface that cause spots, once every three months is really good. And/or regular maintenance with a chemical exfoliate to removed dead skin cells and prevent them from blocking pores.

The Ordinary does a whole range of these, advise is to start with the gentlest, they also have a good regime guide for hydrating skin, which is good if you think your skin may also be dehydrated.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in