Talk

Advanced search

L’Oréal Castings Creme Gloss hair dye

(4 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Fri 21-Feb-20 13:55:02

Thanks for the replies.

I usually use the Schwarzkopf poly colour tint in Natural & Medium brown which are great neutral brown colours, but are permanent dyes, although they do fade after a few weeks but because they’re permanent dyes I don’t want to be using them every month or 5/6 weeks.

I’ll try the L’Oréal casting 500. Even if it does come come out quite dark it’ll wash up over a few weeks, I just don’t want any red tones!

OP’s posts: |
luggageandbags Thu 20-Feb-20 13:49:34

I use Casting medium brown 500.
There is definitely no red in it, it can be on the dark side if you leave it too long. I go for the recommended 20 min and wash straight away.

My hairdresser told me that numbers will be good indicators of colour. So whole numbers 400, 500, etc in any brand will just be dark brown, medium brown etc and then shades will be indicated by the additional numbers, they will have mahagony or copper tinge to them.

Shinygoldbauble Thu 20-Feb-20 11:41:27

I've used Castings a lot. I think it's difficult to find a medium brown without red in it. I'm using 513 Iced Truffle at the moment but it is quite dark and definitely darker than it seems on the box.
Can you get to a shop that stocks a good range? The boxes all have numbers to indicate whether they are warm or ashy.
The L'Oreal website has a colour finder.
Hth.

youvegottobekidding Thu 20-Feb-20 11:13:18

Is there a medium brown colour in their range that’s ashy with no red tones? Looking for a mid/dark brown semi colour that’s not warm or has any reddish tones. And won’t come out too dark or black!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in