Talk

Advanced search

Find me some killer suits, please!

(20 Posts)
Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 13:17:00

I need to smarten up my work wardrobe, pronto. Only have one proper suit and it is ancient.

Anyone seen any nice suits out there?

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 13:18:55

budget?
style? (eg conservative blue-chip city firm vs outre creative meeja type)

Hobbs has some corkers if you have the cash...

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 13:20:21

Definitely the blue-chip end of the spectrum.

I might go and have a dekko in Hobbs, it's only five minutes walk away after all...

Bink Tue 04-Sep-07 13:23:31

LK Bennett, dino?
Is a trip to Bicester Shopping Village (quick whizz up the Chiltern Line from Marylebone) out of the question? Am currently wearing bargain suit from outlet there.

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 13:24:29

Bink, only if I took all three DSs with me grin - imagine the chaos that would cause!

Bink Tue 04-Sep-07 13:28:59

Well - quite a lot of shoppers there seemed to be herding at the same time (was there at end of school holidays) - much easier to herd there than on Oxford St. But - more practical suggestions - what about the House of Fraser (not quite if it's called that, but it is one of that group) down by London Bridge? The Linea line often has v useful nice stuff.

I have got myself a White Stuff skirt which I think I can manage to use for work, though it needs a down-toning jacket. Still thinking about that.

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 13:30:55

Ooh I had a raid on White Stuff a few weeks ago and managed to buy three things in the sale (I never find anything I like in sales, so this was remarkable).

I didn't know there was a HoF there - will bear that in mind!

littlelapin Tue 04-Sep-07 13:41:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 13:49:28

Bicester def worth a trip if you can swing it

Reiss
Jaeger had some nice things in the window when I went past last week
Zara?

Bink Tue 04-Sep-07 13:50:40

Oh - just remembered (it was LL's mention of flannel trousers, as Jigsaw's always used to fit me best) - Jigsaw always does its sale later than everyone else, so I think it's still on. Leadenhall Market.

oranges Tue 04-Sep-07 13:51:52

Reiss has some fab autumn stuff.

flowerybeanbag Tue 04-Sep-07 13:53:21

Best suit I ever bought was in the sale in Monsoon, black suit trousers and skirt, lovely shape jacket, excellent fabric, the trousers hang like a dream, skirt lovely just-below-knee length slightly swishy, mmmm.... Still wear it aaaaages later.

Haven't seen anything similar in there recently though

Would also recommend Hobbs.

ska Tue 04-Sep-07 14:17:34

jigsaw definitely, hobbs is good too but pricier.

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 14:42:52

Right, been to Hobbs and bought black suit. Quite buttoned up sort of job so need very nice big silver necklace I think so that it won't look too dull.

Now - any suggestions for shoe shopping? Hobbs shoes are too expensive and hurt my feet!

Mumpbump Tue 04-Sep-07 14:44:54

Jones on Fenchurch Street or in Leadenhall market. They've still got some of their sale stuff in the windows. Otherwise, there is a little shoe shop in the covered arcade that runs behind the small entrance to Liverpool Street tube station - do you know where I mean? They are quite pricey, but might have a sale. Can't think of anywhere else that close other than Next or M&S...

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 14:45:24

golly, that was quick!

wish every style-query poster obeyed with such alacrity...

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 14:46:41

MrsBadger, quite remarkably for me I have been seized with kind of carpe the diem enthusiasm this week for making a Fresh Start. So I have to get on quick before this most unaccustomed energy wears off and i revert to type (sloth type).

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 14:46:54

NB consider necklace with coloured stones or something, big silver things can sometimes look a bit, well butch.

Accessorize at Liv St v good,

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 14:47:28

Mumpbump I know where you mean and do buy shoes in there from time to time, but they never have anything I really like!

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 14:48:04

Oh yes, I go in tehre a lot, MrsB! Am wearing necklace from there atm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now