Talk

Advanced search

Curly do!

(9 Posts)
BeansOnToast123 Mon 17-Feb-20 14:40:24

Hello all!
New short hair, pixie style! It’s long enough on top to have it curly though. I left it to try naturally this morning but it was fluffy round the back so I ended up straightening it. I have got very curly hair naturally.
How do you all get short curly hair actually curly and not frizzy please? I want to try get natural good looking curls if possible (not use straighteners). I’ve got two different products by frizz eaze in the drawer but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ve seen boots curl creme rated on here but also a few negative things about it.
Thanks all in advance! smile

OP’s posts: |
Batshittery Mon 17-Feb-20 20:22:30

Have a look at Curly Girl Method on YouTube or Google. Loads of great info. Stay away from Frizz Ease. It is spectacularly shite.

MapMyMum Mon 17-Feb-20 20:24:46

Also dont use a towel on your hair, try using a cotton t shirt and look up "plonking" your hair sonit holds the curls better. That mixed with aussie products and some argon oil are what work well for me

FuckingHateRats Mon 17-Feb-20 21:20:51

Gel. I use a gel to gold the curl and dry with a diffuser than scrunch out..

myidentitymycrisis Mon 17-Feb-20 23:57:09

Saw your thread with your new style and it looked great.

Loads of products to try; I like Twisted Sista curl cream myself. I have the boots cream but it feels a bit sticky to me. Or a leave in conditioner also works nicely. You will find it depends on your curl what product suit it. Cantu is too heavy for mine.

BeansOnToast123 Tue 18-Feb-20 07:18:47

Regarding leave in conditioner, can I use Aussie spray leave in conditioner? I’m really confused as some sites say yes and some say no confused

OP’s posts: |
FuckingHateRats Tue 18-Feb-20 07:29:35

If you're doing CGM I don't think any Aussie stuff is safe.

QueenOfTheAndals Tue 18-Feb-20 07:52:44

I'm yet to find a gel better than Eco Gel, which is about £2 for a massive pot. I use the clear one but there are a few different varieties. Scrunch it into wet hair and then when it's dry "scrunch out the crunch". Plopping (not plonking!!) is good for longer hair but I'm not sure how well it works if you've got a pixie cut.

myidentitymycrisis Tue 18-Feb-20 07:55:47

I don't think Ive tried the Aussie, but I have never tried CGM so idea how it fits with that. My hair is super curly anyway.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in