Talk

Advanced search

Sick of panda eyes - your foolproof eye make up remover and process

(19 Posts)
kmini Sun 16-Feb-20 21:38:13

I don't even wear much eye make up (mascara mainly but sometimes eyeliner) but each morning after I cleanse I get panda eyes.

I double cleanse at night - make up remover (use cotton pads, maybe 15 secs of soaking my eyes with the pads) followed by cleanse and still get morning panda eyes.

Any suggestions welcome.

OP’s posts: |
missmouse101 Sun 16-Feb-20 21:50:01

Garnier Essentials Express 2 in 1, purple one. Is fabulous and gentle, excellent with waterproof mascara! Cotton pad, gentle wipe a couple of times and then I just gently rinse over with a little warm water on a clean pad.

Pajamagirl Sun 16-Feb-20 21:52:07

Clinique take the day off for eyes ( also the purple one ) on a cotton pad , takes off all makeup including waterproof

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 16-Feb-20 22:19:34

I use the Nivea bi-phase remover, then cleanse my whole face afterwards.

kittykatkitty Sun 16-Feb-20 22:42:13

Lancôme eye makeup remover

WellTidy Sun 16-Feb-20 22:46:20

Garnier sensitive micellar water. I take all my make up off with it, and then do it again. Katy’s from Strictly said that she did it and I thought I would do the same, as they wear so much make up, it just work. And it does. One thing that I make sure I do is to remove the mascara from the other side of my lashes if you know what I mean. So if you usually take your eye make up off with a downward motion and your eyes almost closed, then repeat with an upward motion and your eyes open. I was surprised how much came off, and I only ever wear one coat of mascara.

No panda eyes here anymore.

WellTidy Sun 16-Feb-20 22:46:43

Katya from Strictly.

raspberrycordial Sun 16-Feb-20 22:47:57

Erase your face cloth or primark equivalent. You only need water with it. I could never get my waterproof mascara off but this was amazing.

Girlintheframe Mon 17-Feb-20 05:29:54

Nivea eye make up remover (the one for waterproof make up) then no7 oil/gel cleanser with a flannel then a wash off cleanser. Think the real secret is using a good eye make up remover. The nivea one is cheap but does the job!

chesterfuckingdrorrs Mon 17-Feb-20 06:10:50

What mascara are you using?

I use benefit they're real which is a nightmare to get off. I use eve lom balm cleanser and work it in through lashes leave it a few seconds for the oils to break down the mascara, give them another (gentle) rub and remove with a flannel, paying extra attention to roots of lashes, which gets rid of every trace.

woodencoffeetable Mon 17-Feb-20 06:20:56

damp flannel.
a bit of moisturiser on one corner.
wipe off eye make up (separate corners for each eye)
rinse flannel.

after that apply face wash/soap to face and wipe off with the warm wet flannel.

tallah Mon 17-Feb-20 06:22:38

NARS concealer works for me

WellTidy Mon 17-Feb-20 07:59:42

cheater I use benefit they’re real mascara too, and Garnier sensitive micellar water takes it off no problem.

WellTidy Mon 17-Feb-20 08:00:00

chester sorry sorry sorry

Fruityb Mon 17-Feb-20 08:03:16

I have a make up cloth that only needs water. I’ve no idea how it works but it really does!!

WeeNippy Mon 17-Feb-20 08:06:54

Oil at night, I use vitamin e oil or almond oil, removes everything.

MsChatterbox Mon 17-Feb-20 08:09:00

I use baby oil and a cotton pad. Use it on my face too it's great.

CherryPavlova Mon 17-Feb-20 08:12:30

Buy makeup that doesn’t smudge too badly. Bobby Brown eyeliner. Clarinet Supralash mascara.

kmini Mon 17-Feb-20 11:46:05

Thank you - some fab recs!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in