Talk

Advanced search

Liquid (non-shimmery) bronzer? Or stick?

(5 Posts)
Laquila Sun 16-Feb-20 21:19:21

I'm after some kind of bronzer that isn't a powder. I'm quite pale (blonde) and usually use a few sweeps of something like Hulu or Maybelline City Bronze, which are sort of dull-ish brown rather than orangey.

The older I get, however, the more the powder seems to settle! Are there any subtle easy-to-use liquid bronzers that would give a dewy/natural look?

OP’s posts: |
damnthatanxiety Sun 16-Feb-20 21:43:38

Chanel do a good one. In a tub. A sort of cream

chesterfuckingdrorrs Mon 17-Feb-20 06:40:53

Chanel tan de soleil is brilliant. It looks a bit orangey in the tub but is lovely on. It's buildable so can be really sheer and subtle or a bit more intense. It lasts a long time as you only need the smallest amount. I'm so pale I'm almost translucent but it works really well for me.

Benefit hula (liquid) is another great one. It's a bit darker than the Chanel one but again a little goes a long way and it's pretty easy to work with and blend out.

Elllllle Mon 17-Feb-20 07:48:16

The chanel is hard to use though as it's like a solid cream in a tub - I find it balls up. Is there a trick to it? Nars do a liquid version of Laguna, this thread is reminding me how much I loved the sample I received!

chesterfuckingdrorrs Mon 17-Feb-20 09:22:44

@Elllllle I use it with a big fluffy bronzing/powder brush and don't have any problems with it clumping/balling up. The big brush also gives a nice light wash of colour. If I want it more intense I use a denser brush to pack on more colour.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in