Talk

Advanced search

Do thickening shampoos actually work?

(13 Posts)
twosoups1972 Fri 14-Feb-20 16:16:43

My 17 year old dd has really fine hair. Are there any thickening shampoos she could try that might help?

SpeedofaSloth Fri 14-Feb-20 19:55:35

The Elvive thickening one worked for me, but is very drying.

bobstersmum Fri 14-Feb-20 20:23:08

The aussie one and the fake aussie one from lidl are good, plus the elvive. They do work they fluff up the hair follicles so give the appearance of thicker hair. Also the batiste dry shampoo xl volume (I think it's called) is amazing, it feels like it doubles what hair you've got instantly.

SugarMiceInTheRain Fri 14-Feb-20 20:45:48

Ooh good to read these recommendations, I desperately wish my hair was thicker so will try these.

Yogawoogie Fri 14-Feb-20 21:43:18

Roots from lush is a great treatment for thickening hair.

ozymandiusking Fri 14-Feb-20 21:45:25

I use Charles Worthington shampoo and conditioner which are both thickening and seem to work for my hair.

managedmis Sat 15-Feb-20 00:56:37

Which elvive? What's the colour of the tub, does anyone know?

earsup Sat 15-Feb-20 01:55:17

I use a solid shampoo bar now and it makes my hair very thick.

bobstersmum Sat 15-Feb-20 09:44:57

The elvive ones are called fibrology and the bottle is a sort of turquoise with pink label.

Chouradanilova Sun 16-Feb-20 20:19:53

I use Viviscal shampoo and conditioner, bought from Holland and Barratt, approx £6.99 each (sometimes on buy one, get one half price) . I’ve noticed that my (thin) hair looks quite a lot better and the products don’t dry it out. Maybe worth a try.

Deux Sun 16-Feb-20 20:23:15

Baby shampoo and Vosene can have a thickening effect too.

Puppylucky Sun 16-Feb-20 20:24:50

Tgi thickening shampoo is aso very effective

Iminaglasscaseofemotion Sun 16-Feb-20 20:31:06

No unfortunately I don't think any of them work. I have very fine hair. Goes really silky. I use things like shampoo bars, baby shampoo, and head and shoulders. They give the appearance off thicker hair for a while but eventually it falls flat even with Hairspray all through the roots and an upside down blow dry. I don't believe anything actually makes hair thicker.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »