Talk

Advanced search

Hennes Collection - UK Sizing

(8 Posts)
SuzieSunshine Thu 13-Feb-20 19:47:57

I'm hoping someone can help me size a coat I've got.
I've got a Hennes Collection Black Coat. It's got '38' as the size. It's a very big coat so could it literally be a UK size 38? I've looked up European size 38 and it says it's medium. This coat is much bigger than a medium. Any help gratefully received!!

DianaT1969 Thu 13-Feb-20 21:09:02

If that's an old coat I think the sizing would be meaningless now. H&M aren't known for consistent sizing anyway, but they've changed their system a couple of times.
A 38 in H&M today is a size 8-10 I think, but what it equates to back then is anyone's guess.
Does the coat fit you? Slightly too big or small? What size are you in M&S etc? I'd go by that ...

SuzieSunshine Thu 13-Feb-20 21:47:57

Thanks Diana - It's a huge coat that's why I'm confused as it's can't be an EU38 as I've checked and it says it's medium. I'm a size UK12/14 in M&S and it swamps me so maybe it's a size UK38. I'll probably end up ringing H&M!!

DianaT1969 Fri 14-Feb-20 12:15:23

Did you buy it online 2nd hand? The label looks old.

brogueish Fri 14-Feb-20 14:01:55

38 would technically be a 12 but that does look like an old label so who knows. I have generally found their overcoats to be generous, more so than their jackets anyway.

Itsashame Fri 14-Feb-20 14:49:09

H&M have never sold a uk38. No high street shops do. I’d be surprised if they go much past a uk 20. It has to be eur 38, just oversized I guess, or it had the wrong label seen in it.

Itsashame Fri 14-Feb-20 14:49:21

Sewn not seen

SuzieSunshine Fri 14-Feb-20 22:28:54

Thanks all. I had another look and UK38 doesn't even exist. I got it at a knock down price and it's such a lovely coat I thought I try and sell it on ebay. There are other coats advertised on ebay with just the size as 38 so I'll put that and see how it goes. TBH the coat seems more like a UK 22/24 if not bigger. Thanks for all your help though!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »