Talk

Advanced search

Bumpy legs and tops of arms

(9 Posts)
Lottiebugz22 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:13:44

I exfoliate and moisturise but they're still all bumpy. I have tried dd's epiderm but it's not really helped. Can anyone suggest something for this? It's like rough skin bumps.

OP’s posts: |
newbie202020 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:16:54

Dry skin brushing every morning before you shower! It's really helpful for cellulite too although I also used a head with rubber knobbly bits on (a big like mini thumbs). Google for some videos on the best way to brush.

hotlava Sun 09-Feb-20 23:17:38

Aloe vera gel from Holland and barrett.

Chinks123 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:17:58

I have the exact same thing and have done as long as I can remember. Salt scrubs make them better but don’t get rid completely. Weirdly I went to Kenya and was using dry oil spray sun cream on my arms every day and it disappeared. I’ve kept up using the spray since I’ve been back but it’s returned again confused

Mum2b2020 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:50:12

I have this too. Its kerotosis pilaris. Apparently chemical exfoliators and lotions containing glycolic or lactic acid can help.

BeaLola Mon 10-Feb-20 02:13:28

Ameliorate lotion is good

IWouldLikeToKnow Mon 10-Feb-20 03:26:13

Glycolic acid definitely helped clear this for me. Combined with decent moisturiser

Callingallbutterflies Mon 10-Feb-20 03:46:00

Yes to lactic acid... Can't remember her name but someone wrote about this in The Times and recommended Dove Pro Age body moisturiser (maroon bottle) which has the lactic acid. I am pleased with the difference it has made, after years of bumpy upper arms.

RubaiyatOfAnyone Mon 10-Feb-20 04:21:33

As pp said, kerotosis pilaris - treated with creams containing urea

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in