Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Trinny BFF

(18 Posts)
kmini Sun 09-Feb-20 08:57:28

I love Trinny BFF - like that its gives that glowy no make up look - but I go through it super quickly and it's expensive.

Anyone found a good alternative. Basically a glowy tinted moisturiser with low coverage (almost entirely moisturiser)

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Thisismyusernamefornow Sun 09-Feb-20 09:44:58

I haven't used this range but I swear my friend had some trinny eye shadow from poundworld. Does that sound right?

Londonborncatty Sun 09-Feb-20 09:48:50

Do you not find the Trinny BFF makes you too shiny and sticky? I’m looking for an alternative too, I like the fact it is SPF 30.

IjustbelieveinMe Sun 09-Feb-20 10:02:13

Me too! Looking for an alternative that is cheaper but also available in Australia.

kmini Sun 09-Feb-20 10:04:21

Not really @Londonborncatty. Maybe shiny in glowy way but I kind of like that.

GinandGingerBeer Sun 09-Feb-20 11:46:10

Clinique have just launched something, not sure of the name (it's in a camouflage packaging so should be easy to find on the website)
My understanding of it is.......
You can wear it on its own own you can do a custom blend (the size of a bottle of their DDML) with moisturiser for your skin type.
I got a sample it's a really weird purply grey, looks revolting ( I guess like the granules in BFF) but then adapts to your tone.
Samples are generous and they'll give you a variety. I got fatigue and something else, sorry I can't remember smile
So you get more for your money than BFF

itstheyearzero Sun 09-Feb-20 11:53:47

I haven't tried BFF, but I use this which looks similar...
www.amazon.co.uk/LOreal-Paris-Glam-Nude-Cream/dp/B007FQONMS?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Shmithecat2 Sun 09-Feb-20 12:08:22

This is really lovely, I mix a bit of moisturizer with it. Not much coverage, but it does have a lovely tint/glow to it.

LightOfAThousandStars Sun 09-Feb-20 12:10:42

Nars Tinted Moisturizer is very good

kmini Sun 09-Feb-20 12:16:36

Thanks for the suggestion. Tbh @LightOfAThousandStars I find the nars tinted moisturiser really thick and not luminous at all! It's more akin to foundation for me. Think I'm quite alone in this though grin

VeniceBeach Sun 09-Feb-20 12:30:35

Mac Face and Body? Thin, runny texture but sets nicely. Light coverage and looks super glowy.

ViserionTheDragon Mon 10-Feb-20 00:33:08

The Glossier skin tint is supposed to be similar (albeit with fewer fancy ingredients and no SPF) but I've not tried it.

TheFutureIs Mon 10-Feb-20 00:51:17

https://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/anthelios-ultra-comfort-tinted-bb-cream-spf-50?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj6234eHF5wIVSbDtCh3juwQBEAQYByABEgLZhfDBwE#foo_c=1877&fok=c257531ea0e0ccb78404ac3c4b95dce0&foo_s=gplauk&fo_oid=8679

This sounds like what you're looking for, lasts for ages too

Downunderduchess Mon 10-Feb-20 01:33:24

I’m in Australia, I use L’Oreal Glow Cherie, it’s kind of a highlighter, I mix it with my moisturiser. Very light effect, not coverage as such but a definite glow. I also have a Maybelline one which is very similar.

LightOfAThousandStars Mon 10-Feb-20 09:29:46

@kmini oh sorry it doesn't work for you, maybe a bb or cc cream may be better?

Itsabeautifuldaytosavelives123 Mon 10-Feb-20 14:41:17

This is what I bought when my BFF ran out tropicskincare.com/products/beauty-booster-sheer-foundation It's not cheap either, but so far it's been a good alternative, gives a glow, very sheer and a boost of colour, also has SPF 30

Itsabeautifuldaytosavelives123 Mon 10-Feb-20 14:41:38

SPF 35 even, sorry.

MoreSchnitzelPlease Mon 10-Feb-20 20:04:42

The spf in skincare and make up is not effective protection as you don't use enough of the products to get the sun protection. Please use a separate spf cream to make sure you get the right protection.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in