Talk

Advanced search

Thread vein removal

(16 Posts)
headlock Sat 08-Feb-20 15:00:54

I'm considering getting the thread veins on my face removed. I spoke to a beauty therapist about this a while back. She said even if you get them removed, if you're prone to them they'll come back.
Has anyone had this treatment? How did it go and did you find long term benefits?
Thanks.

headlock Sat 08-Feb-20 18:58:46

Anyone?

headlock Fri 14-Feb-20 15:37:03

Anyone?

Pangur2 Fri 14-Feb-20 15:37:57

Ooh, following this. I have so many around my nose!

APatchyTomCat Fri 14-Feb-20 15:39:28

I had IPL on my cheeks about two years ago now. So far they haven’t come back.

Be warned-for it to be effective, it bloody hurts!

Hello1290 Fri 14-Feb-20 18:55:45

I've had it done a few times. In my case they have come back but I think it's due to my skin which is very thin and pale. I think I'm just prone to them. I still like to get it done every so often as it's effective just not permanent. If you have a lot you might find you need two or three treatment to get rid.

dangerrabbit Fri 14-Feb-20 18:58:09

I had scerlotherapy on my legs 20 years ago but they came back. It was effective at the time and the doctor was honest about how long it would last. I would make sure you got a doctor to do it not a beauty therapist as it is a medical procedure. Lots of private clinics offer this

MacavityTheDentistsCat Fri 14-Feb-20 18:58:39

I had a very prominent one removed from the end of my nose years ago. It hasn't come back at all (which has rather surprised me since I suffer from rosacea).

morrisseysquif Fri 14-Feb-20 19:28:50

I have had this done, some rond my nose came back but others didn't.
I had laser too, it hurts, take a painkiller before you go!

hurrythefuckupgeorge Fri 14-Feb-20 19:55:50

I have had mine done with electrolysis. I had 3 sessions and fantastic results although have a few new ones after a rosacea flare up. Would definitely recommend it.

Duchessofealing Fri 14-Feb-20 20:02:10

I had mine done about 12 years ago at Skin, I’ve had a few come back but nowhere near as bad as they were. Agree it bloody hurts and feels like your face is on fire afterwards - I got mine done in winter and the cold air after was such a relief!

RuggyPeg Fri 14-Feb-20 21:49:24

I've had laser and electrolysis. Electrolysis was really effective but by christ it hurts.

headlock Sat 15-Feb-20 09:51:19

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm going to look into it seriously now. Having a bit of a hair, face, clothes, everything overhaul!
Thanks.

silentpool Sat 15-Feb-20 13:18:24

Ive had IPL and it works. Dont think of it as a once off, more like something you top up each winter (best time to do it as no sun which you have to avoid afterwards). It doesnt necessarily hurt, it depends on your pain threshold. For example, it doesn't hurt me. 😊

olivesnutsandcheese Sat 15-Feb-20 14:51:51

Following with interest. I have a couple of prominent ones on my nose. How much does it cost?

headlock Sat 15-Feb-20 17:43:45

I'm also interested about price.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »