Talk

Advanced search

Lucy & Yak dungarees

(57 Posts)
cringyminge Fri 07-Feb-20 19:11:25

I so want some.

I've been watching them with interest since I had a baby a few months ago as was recommended good for BF in. I'm no longer breast feeding but still think I really like them.

My "style" has recently changed from my morbid black skinnies and grey t shirts leather jacket and boots boring and I've recently bought lots of bright primary colours which I wear all together and clash gorgeously.

I want some cord dungs. Any one else got them? I'm a stone and a bit bigger than I want to be. 5ft 7. Going for the M32 just can't decide on colour.

OP’s posts: |
Jozen Fri 07-Feb-20 19:36:08

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. They are so comfy.
But yes, the colour choice..... so many.
They're awesome all year round. I wear them with vest/tee and Birkenstocks in summer and long sleeve tee and Dr Martens or Adidas Superstars in winter.

MikeUniformMike Fri 07-Feb-20 20:30:01

Read the sizing info. They are meant to be loose.
The lengths vary from style to style.
Garments are well-made and customer service is good.

Craftycorvid Fri 07-Feb-20 20:32:23

I love mine! I’m not tall though and they seem to run slightly short - great for me but a taller lass might notice.

breadfortea Fri 07-Feb-20 20:33:38

They are fantastic, my favourites are the mustard and olive. The customer service is great too so if you find the size isn't quite right they are great at returns.

LilyLolo81 Fri 07-Feb-20 21:18:55

So happy to have found this thread! I’d love a pair too, has anyone found somewhere good to buy them second hand or discounted? xx

MikeUniformMike Fri 07-Feb-20 21:27:20

Look at the sale section on their web site.

MikeUniformMike Fri 07-Feb-20 21:31:12

lucyandyak.com/collections/sale-last-chance-to-buy

Kenworthington Fri 07-Feb-20 21:31:12

I’ve got a denim pair. I bought the longer length and were the only ones long enough in the torso for me. The normal length ones were too short in body. They’re really cool, super baggy. I haven’t had them long. I’ll prob wear them more in the spring/summer with small vests/bandeaus

Lifeaback Fri 07-Feb-20 22:07:52

One of my best purchases! I have the black ones and have worn them nearly every weekend since buying them last year, unbelievably comfortable.

woodhill Fri 07-Feb-20 22:09:00

Both my dds have them. Great for pregnancy and afterwards. They are lovely

cringyminge Sat 08-Feb-20 00:32:40

I've ordered a pair. I went with the sailor blue to ease me in slowly. As effectively I'm trying to phase out poorly fitting jeans etc so blue seems obvious--to start with--

Laid in bed putting outfits together in my mind. All the tops I love but don't feel happy in round my tummy as too short or self conscious I'm thinking I can now wear. Plus all the bright converse I can now justify purchasing. I'm hoping this will be my pick up I need and will help clothe me as I slim this bit of weight off. Currently stuck between jeans. 14 fall off and I'm pulling up constantly and a 12 cuts me in half and makes me hurt and feel sick. I hate jeans.

cringyminge Sat 08-Feb-20 00:35:48

@LilyLolo81 there's a fb page that buys and sells. That's where I was first introduced. Also depop and eBay.

woodhill Sat 08-Feb-20 08:02:35

Jeans are difficult.

Are you long waisted?

You have to find a comfortable make. They do exist

cringyminge Sat 08-Feb-20 08:06:36

@woodhill long waisted? Pre last baby I was a 28 / 32. I'm still obviously a 32 hmm just not a 28 waist. The only jeans I've found remotely comfy a next tall and currently ones with a waist enhancer however next quality is lacking and they lose their shape etc

I've got some M&S colourful leggings which I love. But currently the waist band digs in and the post partum fat pouch looks hideous in them. I do need to sort out my weight but tbh I just want to be comfy. Will be bad enough when I go back to work doing nights in uniform I want to be comfy.

DC3dilemma Sat 08-Feb-20 08:15:50

They are additive. I started with teal, now I have Hawaiian sunset ( a kind of orange), navy, berry, salsa (red), green, blue denim (atlas) and black denim.

I pretty much only ever wear dungarees now.

Sizing is tricky though. If you are 5’6” and over, 30 length will give you a short bib, so stick to 32. They can also shrink (organic untreated cotton which is not pre-shrunk is an issue) so make sure they are roomy when you first try them to allow for this.

Sailor Blue are my absolute go-to, enjoy!

slippermaiden Sat 08-Feb-20 08:22:20

I'm a tall size 12 and wear medium 32 dungs.... I have 3 pairs and a pinafore dress. They are all black but I love them so much! Get some, you won't regret it!

Fairylea Sat 08-Feb-20 08:26:42

Run and Fly also have some lovely ones.

Skyejuly Sat 08-Feb-20 08:30:40

I've just brought the pink ones in the sale.shock

dudsville Sat 08-Feb-20 08:59:51

So I've now found a new shop I love the sound of! How are you all measuring your inseem please? Crotch to floor I'm 32, so does this mean with a hem and a wish for it to drop to my ankle I'm a 30?

woodhill Sat 08-Feb-20 09:05:59

@cringyminge

I meant some jeans are uncomfortable because they cut me in the crotch area so I think I'm long waisted. Wondered if that was it.

M&S are good

Aunty5ocial Sat 08-Feb-20 09:39:32

I love these but can't imagine they would suit me. I'm 5ft 1, size 10-12 with short legs. Anyone able to prove me wrong?

dudsville Sat 08-Feb-20 11:18:25

I've just bought a few things to try, some fun socks, the "easten" dunagrees in black and the "addison" jeans. I like how they describe their products and show different shapes of women wearing them, that's very helpful.

cringyminge Sat 08-Feb-20 12:10:04

I'm aware of the shrinkage issue and that scares me 😟

MikeUniformMike Sat 08-Feb-20 13:55:01

The dungarees tend to make you look taller because your body isn't broken up like it is with jeans and a top.
I have a few dungarees and pinafores as well as Lucy & Yak dungarees.

I didn't like the printed ones - the colours and patterns were fine but the fabric was coated, and the stripy ones were a bit too Andy Pandy for me. Returns and refund was easy.

I have had a few asking me where I got my Lucy & Yak dungas..

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in