Talk

Advanced search

Help please oh ye stylish ones - I need a new bag!

(11 Posts)
Roseylea Sun 02-Sep-07 18:18:02

Yes...what I need is a big bag, big enough to carry A4 papers / newspapers / a few paperbacks / packed lunch, as well as all the other detrius of my life. I like things that are a bit individual and I usually keep things forvever once I decide I like them (such as dh...)

I am also thinking about getting a new winter coat this season, but if I don't, the one I'll be wearing is a lovely narrow cord chocolate brown colour. So has anyone seen any wonderful bags? Any idea where to start looking?

tribpot Sun 02-Sep-07 18:22:44

I shall watch with interest - am in need of just such the same. I don't even know where to go and look except M&S, and have rejected their stock already ...

southeastastra Sun 02-Sep-07 18:24:02

i like this, but maybe too small?

Roseylea Sun 02-Sep-07 18:31:09

Quite nice, SEA, but yeah, poss too small. (To give you some idea of how desperate this need is, last term I was reduced to taking a Sainsbury's jute So Organics bag into work because that's the only thing that could fit all my stuff...) blush

tribpot Sun 02-Sep-07 18:31:56

Rosey - Tesco do a nice jute bag with lady birds on if this would be slightly less shaming

soapbox Sun 02-Sep-07 18:33:05

Go to TK Maxx - gorgeous bags in every colour under the sun - big and small - designer or not - at ridiculous pricesgrin

A lovely burnt orange or dark limey green would be lovely with your choccy brown coat

MrsBadger Sun 02-Sep-07 18:39:50

Next is always good for non-leather ones round the £30ish mark - I have me eye on this one as a changing bag - or there's this one in tan or another red one.
This one might take A4 too.

Red Direct do good leather ones

MrsBadger Sun 02-Sep-07 18:40:46

luvverly

Roseylea Mon 03-Sep-07 09:21:51

Hmmm thanks for that! I like all of them! The Next ones are v. affordable, so that's probably going to do it for me...
Thanks again!

lovey Mon 03-Sep-07 14:58:27

Mulberry Bayswater if you want to spoil yourself...budget?

Roseylea Tue 04-Sep-07 10:49:11

Oooh I'd love to! Except that, knowing the school I work in, it'd be nicked and sold on E-bay before the half term holiday...hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now