Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye patch test?

(5 Posts)
WestCovina Tue 04-Feb-20 22:05:58

I never do these, but I am planning on home bleaching so think I will this time. What confuses me is it says that you have to leave it for 48hr to check for a reaction, but also that you have to use the mixture straight away...?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Tue 04-Feb-20 23:25:19

You only mix up a small amount for the patch test

goose1964 Tue 04-Feb-20 23:31:41

I never do patch tests because it's a faff. Without it would be useful if there was a patch test bottle included in the pack.

BusterGonad Wed 05-Feb-20 04:55:18

It usually explains it in the instruction sheet. Use a cotton bud and rub a bit of the colour cream either behind your ear or on the inside of the elbow. Have you read the instructions op?

BusterGonad Wed 05-Feb-20 04:59:43

Goose you usually don't need to mix the bottles, it's usually only the actual colour tube you need, so no need to provide a patch test tube as just opening one tube of colour will not actually harm the product and if you do need to use both you don't physically mix them, you just rub one on top the other on your skin. No faff at all and could literally save your life if you were to have a reaction to the product, you really wouldn't want that if all of it was on your actual head, near your throat!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in