Talk

Advanced search

where can i buy laura mercier products is strawberrynet ok?

(6 Posts)
firstmum45 Sun 02-Sep-07 14:01:03

I want a laura mercier lip compact of 4 colours spacenk do not have it online

Is strawberrynet ok not based in uk but will sell in gbp pounds also will i be stung for tax.

Can I get the product without going into london?

Thanks

cornsilk Sun 02-Sep-07 14:04:15

selfridges sell laura mercier in the trafford centre.

Thalia Sun 02-Sep-07 14:06:48

i used to order all my stuff thru strawb net, however about half the time had to pay tax when it was delivered (i got a slip at home, then had to go to post office and pay tax). sometimes it was really high, like £10+. ended up not being worth it. sorry.

PetitFilou1 Sun 02-Sep-07 14:10:27

I agree with Thalia - I used Strawberrynet once (think they are based in Hong Kong) but got stung for tax. I faxed them and they paid it back for me - but that and having to get in the car to go to the post office to collect and pay for the parcel was too much of a pain in the arse. I wouldn't use them again. Have you tried any of the other online skincare companies like salonskincare.com (I use them a lot)?

macneil Sun 02-Sep-07 14:13:07

Also got stung for import duty by strawberrynet the first time I used them - but if you stick below a certain amount (does anyone know the legal amount? I don't), given that there's free postage, you can get away with it. You just separate everything into one item parcels. However, I also bought fairly cheap stuff (Bourjois you can't get in UK) and Laura Mercier ain't cheap.

firstmum45 Sun 02-Sep-07 16:01:00

Thanks for your all your advice will arrange trip to Selfridges Birmingham their website says they stock it there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now