Talk

Advanced search

bra fitting where is the best place to go.....should i go to rigby and peller

(30 Posts)
zippitippitoes Sat 01-Sep-07 08:17:13

...ok i am going to get some new underwear

....so I once had some rigby and peller underwear for a very short time as I bought it, left my husband and he took it to the tip so that no one else would see me in it and i have never had anything like it since..

so I am going to get some new stuff

I could go to selfridges or john lewis or rigby and peller (latter would mean going to london) or anywhere else ..where's a good place?

I read that some places aren't much good at fitting you anyway

I normally go to marks

and i am way smaller than i was as i lost weight, but I still have another stone to lose so this is an investment now for a few months only maybe as my size might change again

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Sat 01-Sep-07 08:21:29

I think someone said Barvissimo are good as well.

zippitippitoes Sat 01-Sep-07 08:22:23

aren't they justlarge sizes?

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Sat 01-Sep-07 08:25:20

No idea my dear, every time I aspire to R&P or some such we need the flash cash for something else. [grr]

zippitippitoes Sat 01-Sep-07 08:27:50

i just looked i think they are for big boobs...mine are getting smaller not bigger lol

I am wondering whether to have a london awayday or go to birmingham..a place i don't much like or i could go to solihull to john lewis..don't like it there much either

I wish i had a mate to go with really to make it more fun

EffiePerine Sat 01-Sep-07 08:31:01

Rigby and Peller definitely. So much better than any of the other places. I've only been to the Conduit St one so can't say anything about the other branches.

zippitippitoes Sat 01-Sep-07 08:36:07

i think when i've read or seen stuff about bra fitting it has been really variable and some places aren't much good...I looked online and i think conduit street just does it on thurs and fri

franke Sat 01-Sep-07 08:40:57

I go to Rigby and Peller (and I live in Germany!). Make a special trip when I'm visiting London. They are expensive though, although theoretically you are under no obligation to buy anything from them once they've told you your size. I've heard that John Lewis are good too.

zippitippitoes Sat 01-Sep-07 08:43:40

i am on a continuing debt fuelled spending spree since dp left so not bothere about spending...i owe so much money tht it seems irrelevant

missbumpy Sat 01-Sep-07 15:10:42

I'm outraged that your ex chucked out your fancy undies shock! As someone who loves nice lingerie and is totally gutted that I can't really wear it while pregnant, I think that's a pretty low blow by your ex.

Anyway, I do think R&P are good. I also think Selfridges do a decent measuring service (and they sell R&P as well as lots of other nice brands) so I'd go there if the one in B'ham is easier for you to get to.

If you're not too busty, I personally like Elle Macpherson's bras. They're not as pricey as R&P and they're really pretty.

peachygirl Sat 01-Sep-07 15:34:50

When I was pregnant I was measured twice at John Lewis and the service was great, The lady even went out to get a second opinion from another assistant. I would go back there again

scienceteacher Sat 01-Sep-07 15:47:40

I have a R&P bra. The fitter just cupped her hands over my norks and found me the perfect bra. Amazing.

That was the shop across from Harrods, btw.

fishie Sat 01-Sep-07 16:15:20

john lewis v good. they won't make you buy loads if you are planning to change shape either.

zippitippitoes Sat 01-Sep-07 19:55:04

i shall debate then..perhaps i should wait for rigby and peller until i have lost my next stone..by which time i shall probably not need a bra but replacemnt stuffing

pirategirl Sat 01-Sep-07 19:56:52

i used to work there, have posted a few times on bra threads, if you have a look thru. there has ben lots of advice.

no they are not just for big ones.

scienceteacher Sat 01-Sep-07 20:29:23

If you are changing sizes, no point in dumping £80 now.

electra Sat 01-Sep-07 20:33:03

I got measured at Bravissimo and for the first time in my life I have bras that fit and don't gape at the sides!

wastingmylife Sat 01-Sep-07 20:35:43

Don't go to Rigby and Peller if you think you'll change in size soon! Waste of money. What's wrong with M&S?

electra Sat 01-Sep-07 20:49:04

M&S use the tape measure method which isn't very effective.

electra Sat 01-Sep-07 20:51:01

As I said on another thread, when I went to Bravissimo to get measured the fitter knew what size bra I had on without even looking at the label, and then suggested the size she thought I ought to have on and got it spot on!

pirategirl Sat 01-Sep-07 23:48:18

the quality is the key.

how something is made, if you have larger boobs, say and e f g cup, the n more expensive bras give better support. Im talking the everyday yet pretty bra. Compared to some of the brands they stockat R and p, m and s bras dont' cut it, for comfort inthe larger cups imo.

Debenhams do fantasie, which were made by ame company as make r and p off the peg bras, they are stucturally the same.

Bravissimo, from wht I hear are good, I'd like to know what manufacturers are the most popular.

EffiePerine Sun 02-Sep-07 09:27:56

I get the prima donna bras from r & p and the difference in quality even with bravissimo is amazing. Fantasie are reasonably good as well.

Beetroot Sun 02-Sep-07 09:30:44

zippi - good to you getting on with it!

R&P are great but JL and S are good too. At least you can go back tothe others and get more bras.

NEVER go to marks for bra fitting for big norks. they are uselss - or have been for me.

Good luck with it

Marks for magic knickers though

pirategirl Sun 02-Sep-07 10:13:38

yes yes, Prima donna are absolutely wonderful bras. They are expensive, yes, very, but they last for years they really do.

I suggested fantasie, as they have good structure, but the quality is not as good as R + P or P donna.

i would love to get another prima donna bra again. i have a few here, that arenow too small, and werebought in about 1998, and worn alot, but they are still amazingly well worn.

Hideehi Sun 02-Sep-07 10:18:27

I was told by the woman at R&P that you need to replace bra's every every, at which point i put down the £100 one she was about to sell me and made my excuses, I don't mind shelling out but if my boobs are going to change shape and size every year then it's just too much money for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now