Talk

Advanced search

Beauty Pie - any good?

(9 Posts)
BeBraveAndBeKind Fri 24-Jan-20 18:18:05

I've been looking at Beauty Pie and thinking about taking one of their monthly subscriptions but I've read some reviews that say that the non-member product prices are inflated and that the actual products aren't any good.

I don't want to sign up for a three-month minimum subscription to find that it's rubbish.

For context, I'm mid 40s with fairly sensitive skin. I don't use a lot of make-up outside of a good lipstick, a bit of mascara and nail varnish. My skin care is Micellar water and a L'Occitane Shea butter moisturiser. I'm considering joining because my hands and body are in desperate need of some help (really dry in winter) and I can't find anything to suit.

Has anyone used it? Is it worth it? Are the products any good?

OP’s posts: |
Lamentations Mon 03-Feb-20 17:56:45

It's great, I've been impressed with everything so far and would say it's the real deal in terms of quality. I only have a £5 subscription but you usually get £50 spending limit extra when you join plus you can use a code to get an extra £50 from a few different people- Sali Hughes and Hannah Martin both have one I think. Ive been a member for a year and am thinking about upping my membership to £10 this year as there's a fair bit on my wish list.

slipperyeel Mon 03-Feb-20 19:20:39

The stuff is generally very good. I’m not completely convinced by the non member prices but you’re definitely getting good value whatever the case.
I rate their eyeshadow sticks, japanfusion skincare, face powder and scented candles.

XingMing Mon 03-Feb-20 21:14:31

It is good news. I mostly buy skincare products because I am old, but it's a good option for gifts too because I was able to afford both a body polish and moisturiser for my niece's birthday present. I know the moisturiser is lovely because I have bought it for me, but I have grown to trust their choice of what they offer. It's not always perfect though. Read the reviews.

emsyj37 Mon 03-Feb-20 22:03:46

I have liked everything I've bought so far. I got the body creme and it is very effective. I don't love the smell but it's perfectly inoffensive and doesn't linger. The lipsticks are very very similar to Charlotte Tilbury. I've liked the blush and eyeshadows too. I'm using the Japanfusion cleanser which I got free as an offer and it is lovely, plus I got the Japanfusion supreme creme which is a bit heavy for my oily skin but would be great for someone drier. I'm using it as a night cream.
I've already increased my subscription blush

olivehater Mon 03-Feb-20 22:12:29

It is is reasonable value. It has loads of stuff from different labs so it is like having multiple ( very different) brands to buy from. So are great, some are absolutely terrible for youR skin. But that is the same as it is for “luxury” brands. You have to do your research on the ingredients like you would any skincare brand. For instance the ju ju range is chock full of perfume and I wouldn’t put it on my sensitive skin. A lot of the products are also heavy on the silicones and alcohol.
However I have found a few things I like.
If you like cleansers but don’t like to spend to much they have a nice range of those.
I also really like a lot of the makeup and feel more able to experiment with colours as the prices are so reasonable. If you find a few regular favourites after a bit of experimenting you can easy justify a £5/£10 a month fee.
My personally regular basket is one of their cleansers, their most basic moisturiser, an eyebrow pencil, plus a frivolous makeup extra like a highlighter or a lipstick.

dogrilla Mon 03-Feb-20 22:23:35

I love the cleansing balm, haircare stuff is good (smells v nice) and so are some of the moisturisers and serums (e.g. Japanfusion). Foundation tends to be quite dark/orange for my skin but eyeshadows and blushers are good. Perfume smells a bit cheap to me but the lime one is OK. Shower gel feels nice but smells faintly of chemicals.

I'm been on a £10 subscription for about a year and struggle to use it up - mostly because I don't seem able to spend £££ on products every month. Might downgrade to £5. Wonder if I'd be better off just going to Boots as every product in my bathroom is now Beauty Pie...

Retailqueenie Mon 03-Feb-20 22:34:51

It’s sooooooooo good, you won’t regret it!

I’ve bought a cross range of skin care & makeup and love it all.. it’s all very good quality.

Retailqueenie Mon 03-Feb-20 22:43:07

If you think you’d want to try it I can DM you a link to the first month for free / I get a boost for recommending you too... wink

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in