Talk

Advanced search

Acai Activewear

(10 Posts)
Didntwanttochangemyname Wed 22-Jan-20 16:19:56

I've seen lots of adverts online recently for this company and I'm so tempted to try their weatherproof thermal trousers. I spend my life walking the dog and getting soaked so it would be nice to do it in a bit more style, but am I being fooled by pretty photos?
Has anyone here tried the trousers? I don't know anyone in RL that's tried them and it's £80 for a pair, so an expensive mistake if they are rubbish!

https://acaiactivewear.com/pages/thermal-skinny-outdoor-trousers-3

OP’s posts: |
ChachyFace Wed 22-Jan-20 16:35:39

I've got the non- thermal version for hiking/ walking. They're great- very stretchy. Quick drying and breathable. One pocket has a zip- great for keeping your keys secure and a bit of cash.
I'm liking the look of their base layer too.

toomuchlikemyusername Wed 22-Jan-20 16:41:08

I have the thermal skinny outdoors ones and love them. Really comfortable and they look smart. Can't comment on if they stay like it, as they are a relatively recent purchase.
Very good customer service, I got a free exchange service which gave me confidence to buy as I struggle with online trouser shopping.
Can't wait to buy a second (and third!) pair over the coming months.
Definitely worth a try.

Shockers Wed 22-Jan-20 16:43:54

I have the water resistant, skinny ones and the thermal leggings. Both are great. I’d recommend them!

FruityWidow Wed 22-Jan-20 17:09:55

I have a non-thermal pair and after a few years the stitching has started to come loose but nothing I couldn't repair myself. I am a bit short so the leg is a bit long on me but I'm not bothered by a turn-up cuff. I'd like to get a pair of the thermal trousers too but can't really justify the price when I have a perfectly ok but totally unstylish pair of craghoppers that do the job just fine.

Didntwanttochangemyname Wed 22-Jan-20 17:14:02

Oh brilliant, I'm so glad they are getting good reviews! I think I will save up and buy a pair next month.
Any advice on sizing? I'm 5'8 so assume I'll need the longer length.

OP’s posts: |
toomuchlikemyusername Wed 22-Jan-20 17:36:40

Re sizing. I'd say pretty true to size. I'm between sizes and ended up with the smaller size as they have so much stretch in them. I'm a wee bit taller than you and opted for the long length. They are a tad too long but I'd rather that than too short especially as I wear them with regular footwear, not just boots or wellies.

BrownStripePJ Wed 22-Jan-20 21:17:59

They are really tight!

Make sure you go up a size. I'm ALWAYS a 10.. but had to exchange for a 12 as couldn't get them over my butt.

But they are baggy around the crotch!

Also not waterproof.

Just shower proof-ish

I've worn my once and tend to stick to my crag hoppers (which dont look good but are waterproof)

AlannaOfTrebond Sat 25-Jan-20 09:50:28

I've got the thermal, mid weight and the light weight ones. My thermal ones have had loads of wear and are still in great condition. I would agree that they aren't totally waterproof, but it has to be torrential for anything to get through, and on the odd occasion it has I haven't noticed whilst I'm out as the fleece lining means they still feel warm. It was only when I got home and changed that I realised my knees were wet.

Fit wise, I would say they are true to size, but doubt you would need long. I'm 5'10 and the regular length are more than long enough on me. I personally find them very flattering, no bagging anywhere.

Shockers Sat 08-Feb-20 09:53:40

I’ve just bought a pair of their water resistant hiking shorts. They are quite a big fit, so I had to send them back (easiest returns process ever!) and get the size below. They’re great and I’m looking forward to wearing them for hiking and kayaking in the summer.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in