Talk

Advanced search

Straighteners /hair products

(2 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Tue 14-Jan-20 18:09:51

I’ll be getting some new straighteners soon as my ghd’s are on their way out, i’ll probably be getting ghd’s again. My question is for those of you that use straighteners or indeed hair tongs, do you use heat protection spray every time before you use the straighteners? I ask because when I was at the salon my hairdresser said not to use any heat protection spray - it’s not actually needed, something about making the hair wet then using the straighteners so you’re actually ‘burning’ the product into your hair? She said I’d be better of spraying heat protection on wet hair after it being washed, then blow dry hair & just straighten. Anyone else do this? Did their hair seem better for it? I’ve tried this a few times now & to be honest my hair does seem to be not so ‘dry’. I wonder if using less products is a thing?

mynameiscalypso Tue 14-Jan-20 18:13:53

I've used my GHDs almost every day for the last 15 years and never used heat protection spray - my hair is in very good condition.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »