Talk

Advanced search

Makeup advice/best products for adult oily skin?

(6 Posts)
EineReiseDurchDieZeit Mon 13-Jan-20 21:39:17

Late 30s

Still suffer from really greasy skin and T Zone

Find foundation goes on quite clumpy when I use it.

Not really a makeup expert at all trying to improve knowledge and feel a bit lost in a sea of product.

I suffer from white lumps that are called sebaceous hyperplasia that are expensive to have professionally treated and I find them a struggle to cover up.

Best ways of hiding acne type spots without overdoing the overall look?

Have never used highlighter. Am I too old?

I use the La Roche Posay range as cleanser.

HundredMilesAnHour Tue 14-Jan-20 08:57:06

I have oily skin and started suffering with sebaceous hyperplasia in my early 40s (I'm 49 now). I hate it. I saw a dermatologist and he said it was pointless trying to treat it as it would just come back (thanks mate sad). I'm sort of resigned to it now but after a lifetime of acne, my skin finally starts to clear and then I get bloody sebaceous hyperplasia instead. angry

I use IT Cosmetics CC cream (the matte one) and I find that gives really good but natural looking coverage as a base. Obviously you need to make sure you get the best shade for your skin though.

I use MAC's Studio concealer (the one in the little pot). I've used this for years and I find it's the best concealer for natural but full coverage by a long way (and I must have tried every concealer out there at some point).

Everything else I try to keep fresh looking and not overly made up. So no contouring or highlighting for me.

EineReiseDurchDieZeit Tue 14-Jan-20 17:12:10

That's funny @HundredMilesAnHour

I literally had both IT CC cream and Mac Studio recommended in real life yesterday.

RE the Sebaceous Hyperplasia

I had MANY frozen off my forehead December 2018 It was in the region of £250 but it worked.

12 months on the little fuckers are all over my chin and cheeks

They definitely come back, but I got 12 months respite.

I am thinking of doing it again because they are so near my mouth and so unsightly.

But it's such an expense sad

Pahrum Tue 14-Jan-20 17:16:50

Do you mind me asking where you got them removed? I also have it and it’s starting to get me down. Any relief, however temporary would be worth it.

EineReiseDurchDieZeit Tue 14-Jan-20 17:20:05

You need an aesthetician that is also qualified in Botox etc.

Here's an example of someone that does it in N. Yorks

https://advancedskintherapies.co.uk/advanced-cosmetic-procedures/sebaceous-hyperlasia-treatments/

Just google for your local area.

HundredMilesAnHour Tue 14-Jan-20 20:32:11

This has been so useful, thank you!!! I'm going to look further into getting mine treated (even if they do come back). Thanks so much OP!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »