Talk

Advanced search

Facial oil recommendations

(34 Posts)
kirkandpetal Sat 11-Jan-20 09:46:59

I currently use Balance Me Rose Otto oil which I love, and have also used Clarins Blue Orchid which I also liked.

Just wondering if any new oils are out there that might be worth a try? I'm happy enough with the Balance Me one but used it for a bit and things may well have moved on.

TIA

BeaLola Sat 11-Jan-20 12:23:38

Can't comment about those you have used already as not tried but I do like Votary Rose & Geranium Oil - also use the cleansing oil in this

Liriope Sun 12-Jan-20 09:51:27

I like Clarins Lotus Treatment Oil

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 12-Jan-20 10:01:30

I'm currently using Sukin rosehip, which I like better than the Clarins one I had before and is substantially cheaper.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jan-20 14:24:13

I bought Sukin Rosehip for DD - she loves it .
Her skin is a bit drier than mine and more sensitive .

She had the Aldi one but the glass neck of the bottle shattered ( the lid stuck and DH tried to open it) so we had to dispose of it , but she really liked that one too, not in stock often though

MarthasGinYard Sun 12-Jan-20 14:26:16

I've just started the Kiehl's only one week in though.

Previously used a YSL one which was just too pricey.

Honeybee85 Sun 12-Jan-20 14:27:13

I currently use rice bran oil as a night moisturizer and I think it’s great! Appearently it works very good for aging/ sun spots.

snappycamper Sun 12-Jan-20 14:54:15

I have used the clarins blue lotus in the past but like you I tend to get bored and shop around. The Sukin one is on my list to try as I've loved some of their other products. Currently on my second bottle of this decleor one, which is far better than the clarins for my 40 year old, dehydrated/oily skin:

https://www.beautyflash.co.uk/p4018/decleor-aromessence-mandarine-smoothing-oil-serum.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-OuTuqj-5gIVirHtCh3EzAh9EAAYASAAEgIw4DD_BwE

TheCanterburyWhales Sun 12-Jan-20 15:39:14

Depends on your skin.
Rosehip is ok for youngish, first signs of ageing skin. Argan, avocado etc is good for dry and more mature. Rosehip is also good for oily and blemish prone.
I really rate the Body Shop oils of life and have repeat purchased. I also love Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate, and Neal's Yard are high quality too. I'm currently using their rose oil but I don't think it's as good as either the Body Shop or the Liz Earle.

MustardScreams Sun 12-Jan-20 15:41:10

I love The Ordinary plant derived squalene.

ParadiseLaundry Sun 12-Jan-20 15:42:57

I've been using the Ordinary Borage oil, which is great, feels quite light. But it absolutely STINKS grin

Sarcelle Sun 12-Jan-20 15:49:25

The Ordinary Marula Oil. Great for winter skin.

IslayBrigid Sun 12-Jan-20 17:21:45

Jojoba oil is amazing if you have blemish prone or oily skin! The brand I use is Cliganic, I buy from Amazon. It is organic and cold pressed. Jojoba mimics your skins own sebum (oil production) so you end up with moisturised skin and no excess oil it's magic ✨

MistyMinge2 Sun 12-Jan-20 21:24:04

I love Rosehip oil. I have had the Sukin one and now on The Ordinary one. I either use this or The Buffet at night. I'm late 30s with combination skin, most concerned about signs of ageing these days.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 12-Jan-20 23:04:02

During a frugal period I switched from my usual oil to Boots Botanics, and never switched back. The Botanics range often has points offers o the Boots app too.

MiniCooperLover Mon 13-Jan-20 20:48:19

I also love the Boots Botanics oil.

JeremyIronsBenFolds Mon 13-Jan-20 21:06:32

I love This Works Stress Check face oil. It says it should be used in the morning, but I’ve used it both morning and evening and i love it. Absorbs quickly and smells fabulous.

TheMarbleFaun Mon 13-Jan-20 23:18:48

I've just bought the Revolution Night Restore oil which is very similar to the Clarins Lotus Oil except not as perfumed.
Great for less than a tenner and will definitely repurchase

DickDewy Mon 13-Jan-20 23:20:39

Dermalogica Phyto Replenish oil is the best.

BlingLoving Mon 13-Jan-20 23:23:05

Are you using these as moisturiser? I have been oil for cleansing for a while and love it but the few moisturising oils I have found too heavy. Is this just me?

Lily193 Tue 14-Jan-20 00:00:02

Uma

LadyGAgain Tue 14-Jan-20 00:29:38

Nuxe is great. And clarins blue orchid. I use as a moisturiser sometimes over a cream moisturiser. It also gives me a dewy look through my makeup (Katie Jane Hughes style)

Nonameslob Tue 14-Jan-20 04:29:39

I got a sample of neom calm face oil and it's amazing. It's £42 for 28ml though! You only need the tiniest amount so I'm convincing myself it's worth it. It's very fine and absorbs really well, most things seem to just sit on my skin and feel greasy, and it smells lovely.

TigerJoy Tue 14-Jan-20 04:38:30

Aldi rose oil. I was using Elemis superfoods which I thought was amazing, and just bought the Aldi one on a whim and found it better. Also £4 not £68! Bought 4 bottles last time it was available online

Bluesheep8 Tue 14-Jan-20 06:45:03

I second Aldi rose oil, plus the night time oil in the purple bottle. Both amazing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »