Talk

Advanced search

Navy school trousers for 11 year old boy with chunky legs/bottom!

(16 Posts)
Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 10-Jan-20 11:37:48

Ds is 11 and is wearing m&s standard 11/12 school trousers. He plays rugby several times a week and skis a lot so he has a muscley bottom and thighs. This make his current trousers a bit snug in those areas.

Our local M&S don’t stock anything other than standard or slim fit trousers and the online reviews for their plus fit range aren’t very positive in terms of fit and fabric quality. There’s nothing other than standard fit in our local Asda or Tesco.

Has anybody come across a range that might suit ds with his large derrière?!

dementedpixie Fri 10-Jan-20 14:26:30

Next do plus fit. Ds also plays rugby and has chunky thighs

habibihabibi Fri 10-Jan-20 14:47:19

I bought school shorts for my chunky 10 year old from a website called sturdy kids.co.uk . In the USA I bought husky fit in GAP.
Now I tend to get menswear and have it taken up.
He is huge esp in the thighs.

Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 10-Jan-20 15:20:28

Thanks.

Next don’t do their plusfit boys trousers in Navy.

I’ll have to measure him carefully and look at the sturdyfit options. He doesn’t look anything like the same shape as the boys who are modelling in the pictures.

dementedpixie Fri 10-Jan-20 15:54:09

Asda have plus fit navy online. You could do click and collect to a local store

Kaykay066 Fri 10-Jan-20 15:58:53

My 8 year old has plus fit and standard fit in m&s navy and quality is the same. I like them he suits them. Not had any issues with them and will get him more when he needs the next size up

Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 10-Jan-20 16:53:55

Thanks, it’s annoying that we have to order online now rather than him being able to try them on in store but it looks as if that’s what we’ll need to do.

ScarlettBlaize Fri 10-Jan-20 17:01:20

'sturdy'
'husky'
'plus'

justasking111 Fri 10-Jan-20 17:01:54

Wait till he is in man size is a nightmare forever. We found a website with mens trousers designed to accommodate muscly blokes, not cheap but a god send. You have my sympathy.

Bettiespaghetti Fri 10-Jan-20 17:02:51

You could also try looking at a size (or two) up, but in the short length fitting.

ILikeyourHairyHands Fri 10-Jan-20 17:15:03

I have this exact problem sporty nearly 13 year-old with very muscly thighs and backside, but a slender waist, so sizing up just makes them too big, John Lewis do a regular fit that works well for him, here.

And don't talk to me about jeans! They're all bloomin' slim-fit these days (he's on the short side with makes is even more difficult).

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 14-Jan-20 16:12:08

Thanks. I’ve ordered some from M&S to start with purely for convenience factor as we could get them most quickly and easily.

Fingers crossed they fit him!

TantricTwist Tue 14-Jan-20 23:24:09

Can you not just get a larger pair altered to fit somewhere local? Or get a local seamstress to measure him and make him a pair.

Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 15-Jan-20 16:37:07

Not without breaking the bank.

Gotnopokerface Wed 15-Jan-20 20:02:21

Second Asda here. They have a range that are partially elasticated so really work well for our sporty DS. He's a very tall 11year old who plays a lot of football at school so these are comfortable for sports too.

Rosehassometoes Wed 15-Jan-20 20:46:41

Sainsbury’s standard fit are very wide legged.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »