Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoes that are not trainers

(12 Posts)
bitzermaloney Mon 27-Aug-07 16:30:16

I need some. Having been a member of MN for a while I now realise that as a 32-year-old woman I really have to have some shoes other than trainers, even though I work from home. Well OK I do have a few pairs of sandals and posh shoes that invariably torture me when I wear them for an evening. I can't wear heels; I've tried and I just can't. blush
What I am after is some COMFORTABLE but stylish shoes for nipping to the shops/friends in. Pref that I could wear with pretty much anything, jeans or skirt.
Help me! blush

KTeePee Mon 27-Aug-07 17:19:39

Mmmm I tend to wear boots in the winter, sandals, mules or slides in the summer (and trainers occasionally all year round) so don't know that I can help! Do you want them for winter or summer or all seasons?

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 17:20:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sugarmatches Mon 27-Aug-07 17:47:15

I went into Clarks today and they have some nice shoes for autumn. I also like Camper and Ecco. Comfy like a trainer, but a bit more fashionable.

bitzermaloney Mon 27-Aug-07 18:11:28

Something suitable for autumn would be good. A ballet pump... hmm maybe. I so hate shoe shopping! Am just crap at it and end up buying shoes that over the course of the next week I gradually realize look sad and frumpy. I even manage to buy them from the trendiest shops.
Will look for Camper and Ecco. Trouble is I am so used to my feet in trainers that anything else looks weird.

bitzermaloney Mon 27-Aug-07 18:14:33

When I say no heels I mean I can cope with 'sensible' ones but nothing that requires even a modicum of balance...

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 27-Aug-07 18:18:00

I can recommend Camper shoes - comfy and different and not frumpy or anything !

mozzybear Mon 27-Aug-07 18:35:58

Bitz, I'm the same, no balance and also odd shaped feet to boot! I got some good shoes at Pavers (there's an outlet shop minutes away) for work, they look a bit school shoe and after I wore them in they were great.

I'll 2nd the ecco shoes too grin

Blondilocks Mon 27-Aug-07 18:49:56

I love my ballet pumps from M&S .. they are limited collection ones, & have some online (& in half sizes too) but the ones in the store seem to be prettier. I have pewter & metallic purple, but they do have black & brown etc. They are sooo comfy & I normally dislike flat shoes.

inamuckingfuddle Mon 27-Aug-07 18:51:27

You definitely need Campers!

Nymphadora Mon 27-Aug-07 19:02:49

I just got some similar to these for £15 from a bargain shoe shop grin

AuldAlliance Mon 27-Aug-07 20:01:42

I have a pair of these, but in black, rather than burgundy (or even burgandy).

Dead comfy, go with jeans, trousers or maybe a skirt. I don't really wear skirts so can't say for certain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now