Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow wax booked for tomorrow, now feeling very scared.....

(16 Posts)
LaDiDaDi Fri 24-Aug-07 20:31:01

How much will it hurt?

Will they give me a stupid shape so that I have to draw on eyebrows for months?

Will I have big red marks when I go out tomorrow night?

TIA

LaylaandSethsmum Fri 24-Aug-07 20:33:01

It only hurts a little bit, its over very quickly, they will ask you what shape you want and take small amounts off until you're hppy with the shape, you may still have slightly pink skin by evening but eyeshadow will cover it up!!HTH

rantinghousewife Fri 24-Aug-07 20:33:30

I don't find that it hurts (bear in mind tho' I am pale and light of hair). I would tho' only have it done by someone I trust, so that I don't look like a very small worm has fallen asleep on my eyebrow arches.

NormaStanleyFletcher Fri 24-Aug-07 20:34:34

Oh oh oh - I had this done the week before my wedding - it was fine. It really doesn;t hurt v much, and my skin had calmed down within 2 hours

Fimbo Fri 24-Aug-07 20:34:50

You will wince but thats all. It will be red for a short while but will calm down (they should put soothing cream on it).

No you won't need to draw anything on. The results are startling when you first have it done.

Wish I had time to get mine done tomorrow.

You will be fine grin

LaDiDaDi Fri 24-Aug-07 20:36:05

Thankyou ladies!

Feeling marginally nore confident. I think I will wear my contacts but take my glasses so that she can see what shape frame I wear but I can still see what she is up to.

rantinghousewife Fri 24-Aug-07 20:37:11

Good luck, you'll be fine and amazed by what a difference it makes. Well I always am!!

FrayedKnot Fri 24-Aug-07 20:37:16

Oh, the instant facelift grin

it doesn;t hurt, just a bit stingy for a moment or two

I need mine done, (I am a distant relative of Dennis healy)

snowwonder Fri 24-Aug-07 20:45:46

i hate my face a few days before i have mine done,it is so noticably, had them done today so i am happy again...
gor for it it is a wonder for you face

lizandlulu Fri 24-Aug-07 20:55:35

i had mine done on wednesday and have been having them done for about the last 3 years, and every time i go, the tears roll down my cheeks!!i cant lie, and it does bloody hurt me!!!! the beautician finds ut hilarious that after all this time, it still hurtsme that much. but tha pain is worth the end result, and it is over in no time.

LaDiDaDi Sat 25-Aug-07 12:24:14

I waspleasantly surprised. Not too painful at all and she made a nice tidy job. May now consider waxing further south iyswim blush smile.

fawkeoff Sat 25-Aug-07 12:25:47

doesnt hurt at all

Pinkchampagne Sat 25-Aug-07 12:28:54

I so need to look into having this done, but have been put off by thought of the pain too.
Plucking is painful enough & makes me bleed!
Might have to give it a go if it's not too painful.

fawkeoff Sat 25-Aug-07 12:29:53

its less painful that plucking with tweezers.it honestly didnt hurt me at all

Pinkchampagne Sat 25-Aug-07 12:32:15

Oh, might have to look into it then. It's about time I sorted out my caterpillar eyebrows!

thechickenlady Sat 25-Aug-07 12:46:04

Had mine done for the first time last night (after forgetting to pluck them during late pregnancy).

Amazing results and didn't hurt too much, am definitely a convert!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now