Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to help me find some shoes to go with this dress?and jewellery too?

(18 Posts)
Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 20:12:17

herebut mine is black

Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 20:25:01

bump

Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 21:28:26

and again

littlemissbossy Fri 24-Aug-07 21:30:36

nice dress, what's the occasion? how tall are you? high or low heel?

littlemissbossy Fri 24-Aug-07 21:30:58

and how much is your budget?

Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 21:32:51

I'm 5ft not too tall heels as apparantly I have to dance hmm as its for a ball!

Not expensive shoes as they won't be worn much!

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 24-Aug-07 21:35:49

oooh - lovely -is it chocolate brown ? perhaps something round your neck or maybe a glittery scarf thing (long - to wind round neck,or drape over shoulders). I don't like too many jewels at once ! Hope you're feeling better after the other day's trauma by the way.

BlackCountryLass Fri 24-Aug-07 21:38:45

Gorgeous dress.

How about some metallic bronze/pewter/silver sandals/mules/peeptoes, they had lots of choice at reasonable prices in Dolcis a couple of weeks ago. And cheap as chips but good for a one-off at New Look too. I recently bought some high metallic gold peeptoes to go with a similar dress, thinking I wouldn't wear them again, but I've decided I love to wear them with jeans and a plain top for pub nights etc.

Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 21:39:29

still feel strange but not sore now thanks

No I actually have the dress in black could only find the brown one on the site though.

I was thinking of something round the neck.Will get my hair put up too.

littlemissbossy Fri 24-Aug-07 21:39:40

the dress is black

shoes - "how about next" none of them are that expensive

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 24-Aug-07 21:41:21

saw some silver glittery high heels (prob a bit high for dancing) for £3 in Peacocks the other day

Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 21:42:04

ooh didn't think of Next I likethese

littlemissbossy Fri 24-Aug-07 21:46:57

yes NICE! also, and I know other mumsnetters wouldn't approve, but New Look actually do some good shoes - cheap as chips and ok if you're not going to wear them often - I bought some great sparkly silver shoes from there recently like the next ones in the pic

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 24-Aug-07 21:48:06

I've had 2 bags from New Look and both were greatly admired !

Nymphadora Fri 24-Aug-07 21:49:30

I quite like New Look , have quite a lot from there as its one of the few big shops we have! Not much on their website so may have to go to town tomorrow!

littlemissbossy Fri 24-Aug-07 21:50:41

Good luck shopping - once you've decided on shoes and bag, then you can do jewellery

BlackCountryLass Fri 24-Aug-07 21:52:24

Forgot to say - a wrap would look lovely with that dress. Julien Macdonald does some nice ones for Debenahms - about £18 but if you're lucky you can find them for as little as £6 if the sale is still on. I was really pleased with mine, cream with burnished gold embroidery.

Nymphadora Sat 25-Aug-07 12:58:38

Can't get to town today , am waiting for kids to get home (YAY!!!!!)

Not taking a bag , I only lose them and won't have tp carry anything except my phone so bf can look after that for me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now