Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

johnson's holiday skin - is it shite or am i shite at doing it.

(17 Posts)
Sheherazadethegoat Thu 23-Aug-07 15:01:19

used olay stuff last year which was v. subtle. the johnson's stuff just seems like full on false tan. admittedly i did just slap it on and stand about for a bit and then pull on some jeans but i have v. comedy legs. back to the olay stuff or any tips?

scorpio1 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:02:07

did you really rub it in? only need a little each day.

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 23-Aug-07 15:03:14

no i just slapped it on

hatwoman Thu 23-Aug-07 15:03:31

Fake Bake is my top tip. It doesn;t pretend that it's not fake tan (ala holiday skin or sun-kissed and subtle etc etc) - in fact it's scarily brown and sticky when you put it on. but it's very subtle, never had a problem with streaking, and a really nice colour.

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 23-Aug-07 15:05:37

thing is i am milk bottle white and am about to reveal myself on holiday and just want to look normal. is fake bake good for that - do you get varying degrees of fake bake?

Pinkchampagne Thu 23-Aug-07 15:07:38

I haven't found it has made much difference, but I may be using it wrong too!

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 23-Aug-07 15:08:03

or naturally orange?

hatwoman Thu 23-Aug-07 15:12:00

I'm pretty pale. I can;t remember if you get varying degrees - I think you might. One application isn't actually very strong - you can build it up over a few days. it is, admittedly more of a faff than something like Johnsons.

admylin Thu 23-Aug-07 15:12:34

I tried the nivea version of it but at first it didn't make much difference and went orangey later.
Best results I ever had were with those tanning wipes but also not perfect.
I'm also very white and will never be brown even if I spent 3 months solid sunbathing, so have just given up and accepted the fact.

DoubleBluff Thu 23-Aug-07 15:18:01

I found the Johnsons one orange and streaky.
Now use the garnier summerbody one which is much more natural lokking and smells better.

Meeely2 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:18:54

i second double bluff

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 23-Aug-07 15:21:43

sounds good. do you exfoliate and stand around for ages when using it?

Meeely2 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:27:07

was that directed at the summer body people? If so no, it's just like a moisteriser. shower and slap on, less on knees and elbows, oh and ankles.....

scienceteacher Thu 23-Aug-07 15:35:45

Olay Everyday Sunshine is very good

hatwoman Thu 23-Aug-07 15:48:18

sheh - with fake bake it is recommended that you exfoliate. you don;t rreally need to stanbd around though. I do it before I go to bed then shower it off in eth morning. I do have dark brown sheets though. no idea what it would look like if they were white.

UCM Thu 23-Aug-07 15:52:36

I have a perfectly streak free one by using moisturisers with fake tan in either Asda own or Dove. To exfoliate I use one of those sponges with a white scourer bit on one side, called massage sponges I think. About 40p in Wilkinsons. Anyway, top tip is to use latex gloves to put it on and do not bother putting it on your knees at all, just sweep around them. I am very brown now after using them for a few months, but you gotta use rubber gloves I tell ya!!

Spidermama Thu 23-Aug-07 15:53:11

I think it's great stuff but it smells like fly spray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now