Talk

Advanced search

Hair Help

(9 Posts)
LoveAngel Wed 22-Aug-07 23:52:40

Does anyone have any advice or bright ideas on what I can do with my hair? I am sooooo bored of the style (if you can call it a style) I've had for years. I have dead straight, medium-thick, dark brown hair which I have worn slightly layered aty the front with a long-ish side fringe for absolutely ever (with the exception of a brief period with a blunt, straight-across fringe, which didnt suit me). It comes about half way down my back. Ideally, I'd like something shorter, but long enough to still tie back, and something that is fairly easy to style (I am no good with hair) but looks like a proper style, not just loads of long straight boring hair. I have looked through magazines and at websites but can't find any insipiration. Please help! Oh, and I want to stay fairly dark in colour, but am open to suggestions - my skin tone is fair but warm and I have very blue eyes and dark brows/eyelashes.

LoveAngel Thu 23-Aug-07 14:50:13

bump

(desperation emoticon)

Any suggestions of celebs / people of the telly who's hair looks good? Any good hair websites I haven't seen yet?

majorstress Thu 23-Aug-07 14:58:57

I commiserate.

I've been looking at sites but the styles all look really wierd-hanging in your eyes, combed over your face-how am I supposed to see where I am going??

This one looks interestingwww.stellure.com/, it claims you can see a 3D view, which I need after copping a glimpse of my double chin in a side viev mirrow on holiday. ARRRGGGhh. My over long straight (I.E no cut)style is not reat especially as the age ticker whizzes merrily round!

majorstress Thu 23-Aug-07 15:01:39

darn that site isn't free.

Gemy Thu 23-Aug-07 15:14:49

You could go for the longer, less-bobby version of the longer-at-sides-than-at-front-style, and keep your side fringe/grow it out/start wearing it in middle parting so your fridge bits sweep either side of your face.

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 23-Aug-07 15:18:09

stop tying it back and cut it to bob length or accept that this is your hairstyle. i too struggled with this issue, if you longish hair there isn't alot you can do apart from the old layeredy front thing.

Gemy Thu 23-Aug-07 15:56:16

This looks nice, though hard to tell when your hair is a different colour:
www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Louise-Redknapp-21-Picture.htm

LaCerbiatta Thu 23-Aug-07 16:15:37

No idea about the style. It sounds pretty much like mine, except that mine is only shoulder length, but I've just accepted tht it is the stle that suits me best. I'm sure if you ask for a shorter layered style, it would look good and would like like a new style IYSWIM. I really like this, a bit longer maybe.

As for colour, if you have fair skin and bright blue eyes (like MOnica in friends?) keep it dark, I don't think any highlights, specially warm tones, would suit.

LoveAngel Fri 24-Aug-07 08:58:39

Thanks ladies. I do have very similar colouring and hair to Monica in Friends (although my hair is probably thicker and a tad longer), and I suspect you're right about colour, tugamommy. I guess I'm just fed up of having no proper style, and also dreading being a middle aged woman with long hair one day - I just don't like very long straight hair on older women. Hmmm...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now